Fightgear Gel Headgear or Title Gel Headgear

BuddhistPalm

White Belt
Reaction score
I've haven't seen any comments or reviews on the Fightgear Gel headgear, anyone tried it? I was wondering if it's similar to the Title Gel headgear which people seem to think has good shock absorption. I see a lot about Fightgear headgear on here but nothing about the Fightgear Gel. I'm looking for something with good shock absorption and enough cheekpad to protect the nose since my nose gets hit easily. And hopefully decent visibility given the cheek protection.

The big variable with all of these is VISIBILITY.
Those really tight cheek protectors will reduce peripheral vision.
Causing you to get hit more...

Order from a dealer with an excellent return policy.

i guess i'll get either title gel from titlemma.com or fightgear gel from combatsports.com though I guess they're the same company really. so no one's tried the fightgear gel?

i guess i'm just looking for an excuse to buy fightgear instead of title since combatsports has a 20% coupon code. though some of the fightgear like the bomber don't seem to go down far enough on the jaw and the padding on the gel looks a bit thin.

Last edited:
I have heard good things about both of the headgear that you mentioned, but personally, I have not seen either one. It is probably six of one and a half dozen of the other when comparing the two, but they sound like a good place to start.

:icon_chee

oh well, since I can't find anything at all about the fightgear gel other than the company's 2-sentence description, I'll go with the title gel

Hey there!

I was wondering how your headgear turned out for you.

Did you end up liking it?

Thanks!

Hey there!

I was wondering how your headgear turned out for you.

Did you end up liking it?

Thanks!

I got the Title Gel Full Face, Large Size. Visibility is great, I feel like I can see just as well with it as when I have it off. I get a bit of a headache if it's too tight but it probably just needs to be broken in. However as far as absorbing punches I don't think it feels much different than other headgear, as least for hooks. But I think it does do a good job of protecting the front of the face and the nose; I haven't gotten a swollen or bloody nose yet while wearing it.

Back