Fighters you want to see try a different weight class

My 2 favorite fighters could both be champions by Labor day 2020. Ferguson moving up to fight Masvidal at 170 would be insanity
That'd be beautiful. Imagine jorge calling ferguson out. That shit would be hilarious.

Cejudo should go for the 145 belt, just so we have someone actually attempting to be a champ in a third weight-class. I don't necessarily think that he could pull it off, but he's by far the one that has the best chance of accomplishing it before a long, long time.
Especially with Volkanovski as champ. Not trying to shit on Alex, he's a great fighter, but he doesn't seem like the biggest of FWs so I think of all the top FWs he'd be the one Cejudo has the best shot at. But even he would dwarf Cejudo, two inches taller and definitely going to be heavier in the cage. Maybe I'm underestimating Volk though.

I've always wanted to see Fedor at 205

all of them should move up 1 weight class and quit cutting weight.

A low bodyfat DC would be WW.

I stirred up lots of emotions by creating a thread saying this a while back
i had an almost identical situation when i said something similar about Igor making WW.

some people just have no imagination.

<Fedor23>

Barboza - LW to WW. Always looks extremely drained during cuts. I’d be interested to see how his power would translate. He has a long reach at 191cm too.

Gastelum - MW to WW. Although Kelvin has done fairly well since moving up to MW, pushing Asesanya to the brink in fight of the year candidate, his natural division is WW, and if he can be more disciplined he’s definitely a contender.

Jones - LHW - HW. Jon is currently working his way through his 3rd generation of fighters as a champion having cleared out the division many times over. The people want to see him truly tested.

Isn’t Barboza talking about moving down to 145 lol?

Meh - I think Barbosa would honestly have a lot of the same struggles though in terms of matchups at WW.

He struggles vs. pressure fighters/elite wrestlers. There is plenty of that at WW

khabib in welterweight. Nearly dies cutting weight. started out in ww. at least conrad had the balls to step up. I guess he knows he gets ragdolled.

I always wanted to see GSP at LW. He was never a big ww but could have been a large lw. It would have been interesting to see.

I'd like to see someone do the same transformation that Overeem years ago.
Bulk up a good 60lbs of muscle and size.

Perhaps someone who is lanky and can fill out like Johnny walker or racic

Barboza - LW to WW. Always looks extremely drained during cuts. I’d be interested to see how his power would translate. He has a long reach at 191cm too.

Gastelum - MW to WW. Although Kelvin has done fairly well since moving up to MW, pushing Asesanya to the brink in fight of the year candidate, his natural division is WW, and if he can be more disciplined he’s definitely a contender.

Jones - LHW - HW. Jon is currently working his way through his 3rd generation of fighters as a champion having cleared out the division many times over. The people want to see him truly tested.

LOL

If Kelvin’s “natural division” were WW, he wouldn’t have missed 170 by a mile several times.

His natural weight class, which he won TUF at, is 185.

Cejudo should go for the 145 belt, just so we have someone actually attempting to be a champ in a third weight-class. I don't necessarily think that he could pull it off, but he's by far the one that has the best chance of accomplishing it before a long, long time.
You really want the manlet who likes to look at the belts on his shelf clogging up another division?

Cormier at middleweight, he just need to drop popeyes for a couple of months

I agree with Jones at HW. But Barboza is moving down to FW, not up. I also think Kelvin missed weight a bunch of times and that's why he moved up. I'd like to see Yoel at LHW, he has already missed weight a couple times. Also a bulked up Max at LW would be fun, and dream scenario would be Cormier, Fedor and Roy Nelson at MW ripped.

You really want the manlet who likes to look at the belts on his shelf clogging up another division?

Yes, I actually think it would be worth it for something as big as a third belt. He already relinquished his flyweight belt and it's not like there's a clear challenger at 135 anyway.

Back