Fighters you used to love but now hate, and vice versa.

I was a cro-cop hater because he beat the shit out of all my favorite fighters in PRIDE.

Stopped hating once he turned into croco-pops.

Used to think of Cro Cop as a demigod and I usually continue to root for fighters regardless of losses (guys like Manhoef or Wandy usually fight like madmen even when they lose, can't hate on that) but he just gave up and put up slow, boring performances time after time.

Also, used to dislike Hardy because I thought that he's an ignorant, flamboyant punk with a generic fighting style, then (relatively early) I saw that he's an exciting fighter and a very intelligent guy.

Was a huge fan of Rousey and Hughes, but they're showings as TUF coaches really ruined it for me. I remember season 4 where they brought Hughes in as a guest coach, and he just acted like a total dbag toward GSP.

I couldn't stand Kimbo during the EliteXC days and hated how overprotected he was, but during his stint on TUF he seemed like a down-to-earth guy willing to learn and take the sport seriously.

I don't know that I'd say 'hate', but Cerrone and Rashad immediately come to mind. Didn't care for either of them but now I'm fans of both, but more so Rashad. Oh, Dan Hardy as well. Huge Dan Hardy fan now. Jon Fitch and Rory Mcdonald too come to think of it. Never disliked Rory but I just wasn't a fan. Seeing him on the Joe Rogan Podcast was awesome.

I really disliked Varner a lot at one point but somehow he turned it around in my eyes.

Bisping I hated because I always felt he was overrated and was being pitched softball match ups when he was streaking while being arrogant about his abilities. I feel like he's taken his losses well, though, and he does usually have interesting things to say and is undoubtedly a solid fighter. I feel bad for his eye deal too and he's told a few stories about how he started out in the sport with nothing to his name, sleeping in his car in the cold to fight the next day. Pretty bad assed. So, he's sort of grown on me, although i wouldn't really call myself a fan by any stretch.

I hated Anderson and feel less of that now that he got KO'd then TKO'd back to back. He has also gone a long way towards living down some of his antics in the cage like in the Maia fight which was almost unforgiveable to me at the time. I was on board with saying he was best P4P and all but felt like a lot of what he did was overrated in some ways. Some of his competition wasn't what I would have liked. But like I said, he was still clearly one of the very best ever.

I initially disliked Bones to some extent. I thought he was getting too much hype after his first couple fights, but I think it was Hammill fight where I was like, "Damn, he is a huge prospect" and the Vera fight where I became a fan, and said, "No, this kid is definitely for real. Probably a future champ." Despite all the haters, I like Jones a lot now. lol

For the reverse...
I liked Nick Diaz when I first saw him fight in his first UFC run but I've hated him and his brother for a long time now. I can't abide by their stupidity and attitude. It's fine to hate doing publicity and not want to be there but they really get under my skin with the shit they pull and how they act inside and out of the cage. I can't wait for the sport to evolve to the point that guys that immature can't even be competitive anymore.

I used to love Rousey prior to her coaching TUF (and I was basically neutral between her and Miesha for their first fight because I liked Miesha too) but now I almost despise her. She still has the qualities I respected about her from before, but I've seen too much of the rest of her personality to ever root for her.

Jones..

I was a member of the raging crowd, shouting "Buuurn hiiiiiim" few years ago..

But now.. Not only I respect him, I finally am OK with his bad boy behaviour.

Jones is a king ! :)

Back