Fighters you used to love but now hate, and vice versa.

How do you people manage to hate people you don't know lol? Even anything more than moderately liking someone is a bit much for me, mma fans lol..

How do people manage to go their whole lives without realizing that the words "love" and "hate" are often used colloquially?

Bisping has won me over. I didn't get him at first. I like him now.

Welcome aboard. :) I always liked him from his time as a contestant on tuf. The guy is just funny. Awesome sense of humor.

I used to be a big Georges St. Pierre fan, until he fought Thiago Alves and realized that he could just hold people down instead of trying to actually fight them. After TUF 1, I liked Nate Quarry a lot because of his technical striking, but then he turned more into a brawler who showed far less technique. I've stopped liking several fighters when they got caught using PEDs (like Denis Siver and Cristiane Justino), which is problematic because there are probably a lot of other fighters I like who just haven't gotten caught yet.

Used to dislike Varner and think he was weak. I feel the opposite way about him now.

-Really liked Jones until the Machida thing (My BTT fandom enjoyed the Shogun win).

-As much as it hurts to admit, my fandom of Nog faded since 2008. All the excuses, the anti-gay stuff. The not knowing when to quit. It's just too much.

-War Machind for obvious reasons.

Those are the two off the top of my head.

Prior to watching the season of the ultimate fighter with Serra/Hughes, I was a Hughes fan and couldn't stand Serra. After watching that show I did a complete 180.

Loving a fighter coz their winning and hating when their losing is bullshit, take the good with the bad just like life. And the subject at hand I liked Wanderlei but ended up disliking him and went from hating Sonnen to liking Sonnen... funny that.

Bones.when tossing around Bonner. He is an enigma. One of the most talented incredible fighters in the world. He is amazingly good. Yet he manages to look like a coward.

Guys like vitor look like a lion when fighting, but Bones with all that talent....
Maybe bones brothers used to beat him up

Used to support:

Belfort, but then he fought those shitty fights in pride against Sakuraba, Southworth, Overeem.. then came Tito at UFC.

Used to hate on:

Chuck Lidell Being a Pride and brazilian fighters fan, he was the UFC posterboy, but then come to the obvious conclussion the guy is just a tough gutsy fighter.

That being said I will always root (?) i mean like the oldschool ufc mofos as Keith HAckney, Gary Goodrige, Don Frye, Oleg Taktarov, hell even Harold Howard and Pat Smith !

Used to support:

Belfort, but then he fought those shitty fights in pride against Sakuraba, Southworth, Overeem.. then came Tito at UFC.

Used to hate on:

Chuck Lidell Being a Pride and brazilian fighters fan, he was the UFC posterboy, but then come to the obvious conclussion the guy is just a tough gutsy fighter.

That being said I will always root (?) i mean like the oldschool ufc mofos as Keith HAckney, Gary Goodrige, Don Frye, Oleg Taktarov, hell even Harold Howard and Pat Smith !

:icon_chee

Used to dislike Sonnen, until he grew on me, all the character, charisma, and just over the top heel role

Used to dislike Nick Diaz, just because he didnt seem athletic and hated that childish attitud. After some strikeforce and sherdog fuzz i become a fan.. no more than Anderson though..

Always rooting for Anderson, Wanderlei, Machida and.. Frank Shamrock ! He was the man ! Aldo as well...

Was an Overeem, Wanderlei, and Fitch supporter. Not so much now.

Was a bit indifferent, leaning towards dislike of Koscheck, until I seen him fight a great match against Hendricks live, and got cheated his win. The way the crowd, as well as my bro reacted at the Judges' decision for a notorious heel was validation enough for me.

Hated Wand cuz of Saku
Hated Tito until He beat Badar.. lol I felt so good for him!
Hated Rashad.. over time I just changed my mind.

Ahh.. I cant think right now

Used to hate Anderson, but felt bad after seeing his last two fights. Besides, he's such an artist in the cage, there will never be another like him.

Not many fighters I just hate though. Even Jones, who I dislike. Hate is too strong a word and inaccurate imo

I tend to have a sort of natural dislike of fighters who seem omnipotent. Maybe it's my own jealousy--I could accept that--but I know that everyone is human and when someone is running around acting like an untouchable god I'm just like, "Okay, someone take this motherfucker out."

Or in the case of GSP, who never did act arrogant at all, I just got bored and was ready for someone to come along and shake things up.

I can say I disliked Rashad for a good while but he sort of grew on me.

Back