Fighters you used to love but now hate, and vice versa.

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I used to hate Wandy for all the beatings he laid on my hero Sakuraba, and when I finally got over that and started to like Wandy, he started getting KO'd.

I used to hate Chuck, but after he left it felt like something was missing.

I used to hate Nick Diaz and now I'm a big fan. I can't even explain this one, he's just as obnoxious as he ever was, and I hate that characteristic in other fighters, but for some reason it's awesome when Nick does it.

Used to love Jones, after he whooped up on Bonnar. But like most of the forum, I don't root for him anymore due to his personality flaws and eye poke strategy.

Used to love Randy, before he lied about the paycheck thing and some other stuff.

Obvious DC fan trying to disguise a Jones hate thread

I used to hate Chael Sonnen for all his talkin, then I started to love him for all his talking, then I started to hate him again cause he's a cheater.

Watching TUF has had a surprisingly big effect on me. I never liked Gil, Frankie, Pettis or Chael, but was completely turned around.

By the same token, I was a big Rashad Fan until the Rampage season. And I'll always love Wand, but he made it really difficult on TUF Brazil. Acted like a total douchebag.

Most of the fighter that I love to watch I dislike their personality. Jones, BJ, Vitor. Wandy has been my favorite fighter forever (I'm a pride fan boy). Even though I dislike these fighters I always tune into watch them fight. Jones has a horrible personality and I hate his eye pokes but feel he is he best 205er ever so i give the kid credit and respect his skills. BJ was maybe the most naturally talented fighter in history but man he is lazier than half of my stoner friends so it was hard to cheer for him. What can I say about vitor??? Awesome to watch when he is on juice guess we will see if he still is soon.

How do you people manage to hate people you don't know lol? Even anything more than moderately liking someone is a bit much for me, mma fans lol..

Used to hate Koscheck after TUF 1, but found myself rooting for him after the Daley fight.

Used to like Diego Sanchez a lot more back in the day. Don't hate him now, but he just never really progressed much after a certain point. And the Ross Pearson fight controversy / aftermath didn't help his cause.

Used to hate Josh Barnett but now he's up there among favorite personalities.

Clay Guida before he learned strategy. lol. I still like his personality, but after a couple snooze fests of his, I'm not as excited for when he fights.

Bisping has won me over. I didn't get him at first. I like him now.

How do you people manage to hate people you don't know lol? Even anything more than moderately liking someone is a bit much for me, mma fans lol..

I think most of us are using "hate" and "love" as figures of speech, not literally. C'mon, cut us some slack bro. lol

Used to love Jose Aldo. Cant stand him now.

He should be stripped of the belt and banned from the UFC for that shit he pulled after the first round with Mendes.

Was a machine. Now he's boring, forgettable. Coasts and gasses after 2 rounds. Complains about pay but can't get a line of 3 people forming for an autograph at a Wal-Mart outside of Brasil.

About as unmarketable as it gets. Seems ignorant as well. Called Pettis a F-G and has the charisma of a dead cat, yet moans he doesnt get paid enough.

Who even remembers his fight with Lamas?

Probably the least drawing champion in MMA history aside from Menne.

"Hate" is too strong, but I used to mildly dislike Cowboy. The past year or so has changed my mind.

Never actively disliked him, but I always ended up rooting for the guy Chuck was fighting. Then he got KOed a lot and retired and I ended up kinda liking him.

Used to hate Anderson, but felt bad after seeing his last two fights. Besides, he's such an artist in the cage, there will never be another like him.

Not many fighters I just hate though. Even Jones, who I dislike. Hate is too strong a word and inaccurate imo

Back