Fighters you just can't get respect despite their accomplishments.

Gus, he lost to Jon Jones twice, once very close. DC fight was very close and he got headbutted against Rumble. Phil Davis was early in his career. I think he's very underrated. I think he knocks out Rockhold if Luke fights him. Honorable mention is Kelvin Gastelum.
Gus murders luke like a empty punching bag

Jon Jones - really peerless

Roy Nelson - too undisciplined to be remotely in the weight class he should be in. The guy honestly should be a belt holder if he wasn't so fat.

You respect War Machine and Joe Son?
You know what I meant and you also know what OP meant.

I respect legit martial artists for having the heart and discipline to get into the octagon and give it their all despite the fickle fans giving them shit at every opportunity.

I respect anyone that gets into a cage or ring to prize fight

Most of us here would never do it, including myself

Last edited:
Fighters who celebrate obviously bullshit stoppages. Although the timing and camera angle really made Shane Nelson hilarious in this one
yCOFAO3.gif

Pretty much all the manlets. I know they're talented and hard working but no matter how hard I try I can't take them seriously. I was taller and heavier than most of them by the age of ten.

And there they are and there you are.

I respect the fact that they all get in the cage to fight. But i'm not a fan of people who aren't humble in some way. I also despise poor sports and classless people.

People topping my list who i'll never like or respect are:
Conor
Jones
Ronda
Bisping

People I typically don't like because of how they carry themselves. I probably wouldn't ever cheer them on for any reason:
Dillasnake
Jeremy Stephens
Mir
James Vick
Colby
Till
Weidman
Adesanya
Gilbert Yvel

Everyone else:
tumblr_no3loeMauQ1ut6yv4o1_1280.png

GSP and DC. GSP cause of the Hendricks and Bisping thing and DC cause of how he got his LHW title.

Machida I think is closer to GOAT than people Iike to admit cause he doesn't have a long title reign or isn't "champ champ champ" but dude you drink your own urine.

inb4 conor
inb4 khabib
inb4 dc (god damnit how could anyone hate that man, one tiny bit? inb4 towel)

oh wait I am late to this thread?

My contribution: Jon Jones
Reason I can't respect: Turinabol, Pulsing. (See NOVITSKY, USADA, UFC234).

I'm a fan of MMA, every mixed martial artist deserves my respect.

/thread.

If they all deserve your respect then your respect is without value. Joe Son? Patrick Smith? Jeremy Jackson? War Machine?

Anyone who respects people due to one superficial facet of their lives doesn't really know what respect means. It's much like when criminals 'respect' one another. It means nothing.

Who of these fighters has he dominated to make him as good as you and his cult would like us to believe?

- Max was basically a child back than. No way he could beat Max today.

- Dustin Porier, lol. How is he even in this list? Dustin is., and was... never legit, despite being a top 5 LW today.

- Chad Mendes was a last minute and unconditional fighter coming back from vacation for crying out loud. How is that an accomplishment?

- Caught Jose with a well timed one in a million shot (there is a reason why he didn't want a proper re-match against Jose)

- Alvarez was basically start struck and forgot his game plan.

Conor is a great self promoter and found a nice and easy road to get to where he is today. He didn't fought his way up and was gifted titleshots like it was nothing. He did capitalize though, but he also had the luck on his side if you analyse his fights, and he is still profiting from it today. Good for him. But lets not act like he was one of the best, please.
wow, we can do that with anyone if u like. stop hating

Pretty much all the manlets. I know they're talented and hard working but no matter how hard I try I can't take them seriously. I was taller and heavier than most of them by the age of ten.
thats discrimination, as bad as being racist u know. just saayin

Back