Fighters you have alotta respect for?

I respect pretty much all fighters for stepping in the ring/cage. Of course some are fuck ups or assholes (Junie Browning for example) and I lose respect for them.

Some I respect but don't like.

I respect and admire anyone who professionally fights. I could imagine that it takes tremendous amount of courage and practice to fight for a living.

All of them. Some I dislike for various reasons, but I respect them.

I respect pretty much all fighters for stepping in the ring/cage. Of course some are fuck ups or assholes (Junie Browning for example) and I lose respect for them.

Some I respect but don't like.

Came to post pretty much this.

I respect fighters who have shown heart the most. Rampage showed his in the Wand fights in Pride, then asked to fight him again after those beatdowns. He wants to fight everyone he's lost to, even if those encounters turned into Halloween for him (no point intended).

Tim Boetsch has shown it as well, it's the main reason for his success because his skillset isn't elite.

Nick Diaz is one of the toughest fighters out there. His approach leaves me shake my head at times, but he always goes for the kill.

Junie Browning. Lol.

I respect all the fighters getting in the cage. But in particular I like the guys that are in it to win it. The Diaz Bros, Sonnen, Bisping, Koscheck, JDS even if his last fight was a beat down.. Hell I even like watching Cain Velasquez. Dan Henderson is awesome to watch, Condit (his fight with Diaz was a bit of let down though) still love Condit. Pat Barry, Hunt, Roy Nelson. Love all those guys. Some talk a lot of shit, but they will back it up. They'll fight. They're fighters plain and simple.

quick edit for Matt Hamill who just blows my mind the way he fights. He is a warrior.. The UFC is better for having Matt Hamill fight for it, and good on him for doing so well.

Forgive me for sounding cliche, but I respect any man who can go through all of that training and deal with the punishment that they deal with.

I respect Anderson Silva the most though, he's earned ultimate bragging rights and still denies it when someone calls him the best.

i have respect for any fighter who goes out there and gives it his all, even if he gets wrecked.

but sakuraba and fedor are my guys. all class and always go out there to put on a show. they can beat their opponents, lose to their opponents and in the end still shake their hand and walk away.

GSP, because he is a perfectionist and one of the most dedicated fighters in MMA

Rich Franklin, for proving that you can be a fighter and stay classy at all times

Joe Lauzon, for being one of the toughest mofos in the sport today.

Back