Fighters you have alotta respect for?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Who are some fighters that you have respect for. Fighters that always bring it, fighters that you believe put it all on the line w/ their fight styles and that you believe is always trying to put on a good show.

I love me some Shogun Rua, Benson Henderson, Dan Henderson, Carlos Condit, Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos, Jose Aldo, Anderson Silva, Cub Swanson, Donald Cerrone, Wanderlei Silva, Michael McDonald, Renan Barao & Rory MacDonald!

As much as I kinda dislike the guy...Diego Sanchez is a beast and will never quit.

Daniel Cormier,so much adversity.Would have broken a lot of men.

Chael Sonnen, Overeem and Leben for their big hearts, honorable athletic mentality and no bullshit attitude.

JDS. He got trounced by Cain and made no excuses and only said that Cain was better than him that night.

I don't know where to begin.
There's so many fighters I deeply respect.

def

Rory, Hendrix, Condit , Bendo , Nate Diaz. Most of these guys are on a roll or have been and almost reached title if not on a roll.

Always got hespect for

Nog, Hendo , Wandy, Big Country, JDS for either destroying guys or putting it all on the line for fighting dah best out there.

Stann, because he seems like a genuine guy and he respects his opponents, plus he cares for their well being while he beats them (Sakara).

Ace Franklin, because he was a good champion, a great advocate for the sport and a real warrior in his fights.

Condit, because he had that amazing quote about beating a guy unconscious so he could go home to his son sooner, and his (usual) aggression.

EDIT: Forgot Hendo (thanks Fight4ippon), because he is still going at an age where most other fighters are in the pipe and slipper brigade, and he fights at a huge variety of weights. A great example of 'any fighter, any weight' and a P4P great.

Frank Mir, came back from a terrible accident and addiction was active for more
then a 100 UFC's ago, wizard subbing people.

Last edited:
Everybody that steps in the cage deserves respect

JDS. He got trounced by Cain and made no excuses and only said that Cain was better than him that night.

Don't the "I didn't have a strategy going into this fight" class as an excuse?

OT: Sanchez, there is no quit in that guy. GSP, pure class and a lot of other guys.

Pretty much all of them. Even if you dislike certain fighters, to not respect someone who does mma for a living is just retarded imo.

As fighters I respect anyone who gets in the cage, even fighters I strongly dislike.

It takes dedication, sacrifice and big arse balls to step in there in front of millions of people to have another trained weapon attempt to momentarily turn your brain off or snap your bones.

I know what you're saying though TS. Ill go against the grain and say GSP. He has dedicated everything in his being to be where he is. Watching a vid of his rehab reiterated just how much he puts in to be the best. People say his mind is weak, but it's because of his strength of mind out of the cage that has made him the greatest WW of all time.

Shannon "The Cannon", Igor, Saku, Matt Brown, Chris Lyttle, Fedor, J-Lau, too many to name

Who are some fighters that you have respect for. Fighters that always bring it, fighters that you believe put it all on the line w/ their fight styles and that you believe is always trying to put on a good show.

I love me some Shogun Rua, Benson Henderson, Dan Henderson, Carlos Condit, Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos, Jose Aldo, Anderson Silva, Cub Swanson, Donald Cerrone, Wanderlei Silva, Michael McDonald, Renan Barao & Rory MacDonald!

As much as I like Anderson and Carlos I'm not sure you could exactly say they were trying to put on a good show in their fights against Maia and Diaz respectively.

As for the question, my respect for Lesnar doubled in his humble victory over Couture, his heart against Carwin and his gracious loss against Velasquez. Before those 3 things he was just some dumb meathead to me.

Don't the "I didn't have a strategy going into this fight" class as an excuse?

OT: Sanchez, there is no quit in that guy. GSP, pure class and a lot of other guys.

No, that's a reason and legitimate self criticism. He said he was too concerned with stopping Cain's plan that he was on defense the whole time and didn't have his own plan. He didn't say he was injured, or that the punch changed the whole fight, just said that Cain was better that night.

No, that's a reason and legitimate self criticism. He said he was too concerned with stopping Cain's plan that he was on defense the whole time and didn't have his own plan. He didn't say he was injured, or that the punch changed the whole fight, just said that Cain was better that night.

I guess we interpret the "I didn't have a strategy" talk differently.

Anderson Silva, always humble, silenced Chael.

Wanderlei Silva, Brutal in the cage, like a teddy bear outside the cage.

Back