Fighters you hated at first but now are a big fan of.

Brock....I thought it was all a huge pile of of B/S, but hey he was the man for a while.

Jones. I wasn't a huge fan but respected him. Now, after seeing how much heart he has and his skills I can appreciate him as the best fighter of all time.

I was not a fan of Wanderlei Silva back in pride, especially not after beating my favorite Rampage. However, at the time when Rampage got his revenge, I really liked silva and felt bad for him because he seemed to be such good person towards his fans and he also has a fan friendly style in the cage.

I hated Cormier for the longest time, but when he moved down to Light Heavyweight I started to like the guy for some reason. But now he is facing my favorite active fighter Gustafsson so I wont be cheering for him.

I didn't hate Bec Rawlings, but I thought she's a nasty person, a bit bullish, therefore unworthy to root for. But then I watched TUF 20 closely and learned the whole story about her dad passing away right as the season was filmed... After that I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. I'm not a big fan now, but I will root for her. It's unfortunate that she prevented herself from an easy win over Calderwood.

I wouldn't say I hated him, but Jon Jones

Bisping - Never liked the guy's antics. Then saw his long sit-down with Ariel and couldn't help but see a different side to him.

Pettis - Didn't really care for the "Who's the man?" attitude, which is weird because I'm a huge Diaz Brothers fan. Anyway, how he came out after his title loss was awesome, making no excuses and admitting it was a legitimate ass beating.

Dominick Cruz - His most recent interview of saying that Dillashaw mimmicks his footwork and isn't really tested, calling himself the real champ still, made me love Cruz. Now I really can't wait for him to come back.....at least for one fight before he's injured again for another year :)

I don't think I will ever like Frankie Edgar.

Anyways, put me in for Bendo and Weidman.

TheReem.. Never liked his face nor his persona. Until I watched some episodes of TheReem, where I came to see him differently. I guess people that fight for a living could actually be very mellow and friendly private

Henderson. I can't say i hated him, but i didn't like seeing him knocking out Wand (Whom i'm a huge fan) but after shuting up Bisping, he convinced me.

I HATED Nick Diaz! Saw him fight at an Ultimate Athlete show a long time ago and couldn't stand him. I did a backflip when Joe Riggs beat him! Now, he's one of my faves. Won me over with his skill.

I don't think I will ever like Frankie Edgar.

Yeah same over here! in the Mcgregor/mendes post fight, you can see him almost stepping inside the octagon, and then getting all the way back! Whaa? This kind of shit doesn't convince me.

Frank Mir
First fight I think I saw him was against Tank on some low quality you tube
He looked really arrogant and I didnt liked him at all.
Around UFC 77 I started to follow UFC more serious, also the time Brock came to the UFC. Mir won some big fights (Nog & Brock) at that time. Over the years Mir won me over as a fan.

He is still a wierdo however :p

edit: GSP is another one, the first fight I saw was him dwarfing BJ Penn. He looked like typicial skinhead that I used to knew and the whole fight seemed really unfair. Over the years I realized he is actually one of the most respectable & seriously accomplished fighters out there. Can't say anything bad about him imo.

Last edited:
Schaub didn't like it him till i heard the his podcast now i think he seems like he'd be a cool guy to hang out with

Back