Fighters You Din't Particularly Care For Who You Now Respect

I hated Tito Ortiz back in the day.

And I still hate Tito Ortiz to this day.

Fabricio Werdum
Josh Barnett
Benson Henderson
Dan Henderson

I used to dislike Tito ALOT. Now he's still annoying but he's a tough guy who fought the best until the very end of his career.

Absolutely dudes. Titio in my opinion had a great run in his prime, but still have to fight whenever he was called to do so in his later year before he retired. I liked that he took the fight against Bader. Some fighters who are icons of the sport wouldn't of taken a fight against a lesser name than themselves. Tito did it though and we all know the rest.

I didnt really care for Chris weidman until the Munoz fight. That impressed me alot and i think hes the number 1 man to beat the spider.

Absolutely dudes. Titio in my opinion had a great run in his prime, but still have to fight whenever he was called to do so in his later year before he retired. I liked that he took the fight against Bader. Some fighters who are icons of the sport wouldn't of taken a fight against a lesser name than themselves. Tito did it though and we all know the rest.

Tito didn't have alot of stroke coming off the Hamil lose :eek:

Maybe so, but that doesnt make it right for someone to urinate in the mans bed.

Not sure how Thacker got on ethier, he had no prior professional fights before the show other than a few AM fights, I think they threw him on just to see how someone with his lack of experience would fair on their show.

It wasn't right, but looking back it's funny, because it was Leben, and it makes perfect sense. You don't hang out with Chris and not expect to get a little wet with something.

Didnt know or care much for Chael Sonnen before the Silva fight. Having read his book and watching him on the Joe Rogan Podcast hes grown on me. He understands this game better then anyone else in the sport I commend him for that. I still dont agree with him fighting Jones but I give him props for talking his way into a fight. The dudes a smart smart guy

Maybe so, but that doesnt make it right for someone to urinate in the mans bed.

Not sure how Thacker got on ethier, he had no prior professional fights before the show other than a few AM fights, I think they threw him on just to see how someone with his lack of experience would fair on their show.

At this time is was an experiment. I don't even know how many fighters actually tried out to get onto the show. Requirements may not of been that high.

Didnt know or care much for Chael Sonnen before the Silva fight. Having read his book and watching him on the Joe Rogan Podcast hes grown on me. He understands this game better then anyone else in the sport I commend him for that. I still dont agree with him fighting Jones but I give him props for talking his way into a fight. The dudes a smart smart guy

I like the real Chael better than the one who says the same crap over and over again. He is funny at times though.

That's what politicians do. They can talk there way into anything, regardless of whether they are actually capable of the position.

With that said, I can't wait for see these two square off. I have a feeling I know how it'll go, but it'll be an interesting fight and I'm rooting for Sonnen.

no one i really dislike that i like now or anything like that, but there are certain guys i was indifferent to whom i now am dying to see fight whenever they do:

carlos condit
agreed with struve
carwin, esp after TUF
bigfoot and werdum
after teh beating that maldando took, he gets on the list - wtf was that sht
matt brown, wow what an improvement
bj penn - i always respected him but didnt root for him, but guy always comes to fight and take elite fights where winning is a huge challenge - now im a big fan of his
frank edgar, he beat benson the second time clearly and was so much smaller - guy is just insane with his skill set esp in wrestling
yves edwards recently
siver

thiago alves and cain (this happened a while ago though)

brock, i hated him but he didn't duck anyone and that has earned my respect.

I'm not a fan, but I don't hate Koscheck like I used to. He backs it up and ain't so bad.

He was the most improved guy. He went from laying on dudes, than all of a sudden was knocking dudes out with punches, and even the head kick ko.

brock, i hated him but he didn't duck anyone and that has earned my respect.

That's true. I don't really think about Lesnar too much anymore, but with what little fighting experience he had, he did a lot with it. Pretty commendable.

Bisping
Evans
Varner
Bendo
Werdum
Anderson
BJ
Demetrias Johnson

Still don't really like these guys, but they have all earned my respect as fighters

Cain Velasquez. The more stuff I watched about him right before this last weekend, the more i liked him. I was still rooting for JDS though, mostly because of the whole "brown pride" thing when he's American, and the shitty Mariachi band walkout music. Then of course I gained more respect for him in the fight although I still like JDS more.

Bisbing for sure. That man is so much better than he gets credit for.

Back