Fighters You are Done With

The Bard

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
You know the fighters I'm talking about. You were a fan, maybe a big fan, maybe a moderate fan. Maybe you jumped out of the chair when they won a fight. Maybe you defended them on Sherdog. But then ... you started breaking up with them. Maybe it was a long, slow break-up like when you cheered for Hendricks versus GSP, but then Hendricks launched into years of self-destructive whining that made you two grow apart until you rented a separate apartment downtown and started a covert Tinder account on your burner phone.

Or maybe it was a sudden separation, like when Condit threw baby leg kicks against Diaz to win on points and you sent him an angry text (e.g. drunken Sherbro post) at 2 a.m. saying it was over and he had until tomorrow to come get his shit. Or maybe it was a destructive emotional breakup, like when Holly Holm kicked at the air surrounding Shevchenko for 25 minutes and you cried by yourself until you fell asleep on the recliner with a half-eaten container of Ben & Jerry's.

Those three come to mind for me. What about you?

(Funny stories and opinions about your history following fighters are welcomed. Just go easy on fighter bashing please.)

HotAgreeableAmurratsnake.gif

Baby J. I can't even defend the guy anymore and I can't say my opinion on him or I'd get banned. What a mess.

Latifi, Condit and Mousasi.
I thought they were great guys then I discovered the truth. No longer a fan.

Hendricks. Unless he goes back to his old fighting style.

No one really. I find it better to not root for anybody. I watch to see who the best fighter is. I'm a fan of fighting, not fighters.

I gave up on lil nog until he had that awesome KO vs Cummins.

Joanne calderwòod after getting subed in like 10 seconds and makinf excuses that she broke up with her boyfriend...

Got sick of hendo at one point, i root for him still but it just isnt the same as before.

Latifi, Condit and Mousasi.
I thought they were great guys then I discovered the truth. No longer a fan.

share the truth. I need to know if I have to reconsider my fandom for Condit and Latifi.

No one really. I find it better to not root for anybody. I watch to see who the best fighter is. I'm a fan of fighting, not fighters.

well put. I am for the most part as well. I do have some favorites though. That's unavoidable.

Ellenberger, I thought he had a chance vs Saffiedine for some reason.

I was gonna say anyone who is done with a fighter is weak,faithless slime,but then the bj bunny hop gif showed up and im like well...ill make an exception.

Back