Fighters with highly underrated resumes

Shields and Assuncao stand out here, Shields is a 10x more accomplished WW than a guy like Colby and to be honest, more accomplished than Usman by quite a bit still too.

Agreed! And he has a lot of legit wins at MW, too. Shields definitely doesn't get enough credit for his career.

Eddie Alvarez imo. For someone as accomplished as he is it feels like a lot of newer and/or UFC only fans don't recognize him as an all time great LW, and he easily is.

His fights with Micheal Chandler are legendary not just for the entertainment value but (especially the second) they're incredibly high level in terms of skill and athleticism. At the time of these fights the UFC champions were Edgar during the first one and Pettis during the second. Alvarez would go on to beat Pettis and in my personal opinion he would have beaten Frankie Edgar, and Chandler was right there with both of them

UFC champion, Bellator champion, Bellator LW tournament winner, Dream LW tournament finalist (had to pull out of the finals due to injury).

Gaethje
Pettis
RDA
Melendez
Chandler
Kawajiri
Aoki
Hansen

That's a list of fucking legends. All these guys in their prime or close to it. Then you have his second tier of wins which are still respectable.

Neer
Pitbull
Curran
Imada
Huerta
Kikuno

Last edited:
Agreed! And he has a lot of legit wins at MW, too. Shields definitely doesn't get enough credit for his career.

He was boring and didn't win fights convincingly, Kampmann, Woodley, Maia, Akiyama etc were close fights. He also stayed in the game too long and started losing every fight, which really tanks how peoole perceive him. He was, in his prime a top 10 p4p fighter, hes a top 5 ATG WW too.

Reactions: G10
I think Tito's resume is kinda underrated at this point since his MMA career is never talked about. Wins over:

Wand
Vitor
Forrest
Bader
Mezger
Shammy
Tanner
Kondo
Matyushenko

(Didn't include Ws over washed Shael and Liddell -- even tho Tito himself was also washed)

Michael Bisping

Dan Henderson
Anderson Silva
Luke Rockhold
Thales Leites
Cung Le
Brian Stann
Akiyama
Dennis Kang
Leben
Matt Hamill (yeah, yeah)

Gave very competitive fights to Rashad Evans and prime Chael Sonnen too.

For a guy who I constantly read "sucks", he was actually a very solid fighter.

Clay Guida has beaten:

Josh Thomson
Nate Diaz
lost a fight of the year with Sanchez
RDA
Gomi
Pettis
Hioki
Kawijiri
Lauzon
and BJ Penn

great resume on paper.
Excellent choice.

His fight with Roger Huerta is still one of the best fights of all time as well. He had an extremely limited arsenal but the guy got the absolute most out of what talent he had, and still going.

Jake Shields low key has one of the best resumes in WW history.

Chael Sonnen didn't actually beat my boy Babalu in 2003. The promotion rigged it. and it was overturned to I guess not a NC, but as if the fight didn't happen cuz broke the mma rules. Only shows up on Wikipedia not official records of either fighter

Bader has wins over:

Fedor
Rashad
Rampage
Phil Davis x2
Little Nog x2
King Mo
Mitrione
Latifi
OSP
Feijao
Matyushenko
Jardine

Yeah the guy that was 9-0 and 5-0 in UFC. He would then go on to win another 4 straight after losing to Beneil. That James Vick. Did you forget that Vick was once 9-1 in UFC?
9-1 against who ?

Michael Bisping

Dan Henderson
Anderson Silva
Luke Rockhold
Thales Leites
Cung Le
Brian Stann
Akiyama
Dennis Kang
Leben
Matt Hamill (yeah, yeah)

Gave very competitive fights to Rashad Evans and prime Chael Sonnen too.

For a guy who I constantly read "sucks", he was actually a very solid fighter.

Bisping lost to Hendo, Silva and Hamill

Bisping lost to Hendo, Silva and Hamill
I disagree. Plus TS was speaking strictly about resumes anyway, and his is impressive. At any rate, I had him beating Silva and Hendo ll, but losing to Hamill. He easily could have been given the nods against Rashad and Chael too. He’s had at least 6 fights that could go either way and split them down the middle, and that’s the nature of a resume that spans 10+ years at the highest level.

wtf never knew Assuncao beat Masvidal at the beginning of his career considering Assuncao is a BW and Mas is a WW now wtf

Khabib's resume is still underrated here by many haters

- Gaethje (destroyed Tony and ended his 8 year unbeaten streak of 12 fights)

- Poirier (beat prime Holloway and ended his 13 fight win streak, plus wins over Pettis, Eddie and Gaethje)

- conrat (double champ, beat aldo in 13 sec and beat #3 All Time Great LW Eddie)

- Iaquinta ( was on a 5 fight win streak, beat Lee twice)

- Barboza ( 4 fight win streak with wins over Gilbert, Pettis and Dariush)

- RDA (RDA was in his prime, 5 fight win streak with a win over a prime Cowboy, plus became Champion in less than a year after he lost to Khabib )

- MJ (has wins over Tony, Poirier, Barboza, Lauzon, Tibau and many others)

- Pat Healy ( was scheduled to fight giblert for the strike force title but Giblert kept pulling out and strike force was then bought by the UFC. Was on 5 fight win streak and had beaten Jim Miller the fight before Khabib)

- Tibau ( was a solid top 15-20 LW for many years. Has most amount of takedowns in LW division and the highest TDD % at LW. Plus has wins over many great LW's like RDA)
Not under rated, he is considered #1 P4P fighter in the world, the greatest LW ever and one of the GOATs

Tim Boestch definitely won a few fights he wasn't supposed to...

Okami
Lombard
Hendricks

Back