Fighters with highly underrated resumes

GangGangGang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Which fighters have a highly underrated/underappreciated resume of names? Were solely talking wins here. In this sport some wins age amazingly and some do not. Who are some guys that surprisingly have some really good names attached to them? Here a few that come to mind.

Beneil Dariush
-Anthony Rocco Martin
-Carlos Diego Ferreira
-Jim Miller
-Michael Johnson
-James Vick
-Rashid Magomedov
-Thiago Moises
-Drew Dober
-Drakkar Klose

Raphael Assuncao
-Jorge Masvidal
-Joe Lauzon
-Tj Dillashaw
-Pedro Munhoz
-Bryan Caraway
-Aljamain Sterling
-Marlon Moraes
-Rob Font

Chael Sonnen
-Jason Miller
-Renato Sobral
-Oleksiy Oliynyk
-Paulo Filho
-Yushin Okami
-Nate Marquardt
-Michael Bisping
-Shogun Rua
-Wanderlei Silva
-Rampage Jackson

Jake Shields
-Hayato Sakurai
-Yushin Okami
-Carlos Condit
-Paul Daley
-Robbie Lawler
-Jason Miller
-Dan Henderson
-Martin Kampmann
-Yoshiro Akiyama
-Tyron Woodley
-Demian Maia

Of course many of these wins were early in careers or at the tail end. Some impressive names on these guys resumes nonetheless. Who else comes to mind?

I mean... Neil Magny:

Kelvin Gastelum
Robbie Lawler
Johnny Hendricks
Carlos Condit
Hector Lombard
Tim Means
Eric Silva

Yeah, yeah, yeah, me prime was a ballewn, but that's still an impressive list of names. Obviously, Eric Silva was very green, but still.

I mean... Neil Magny:

Kelvin Gastelum
Robbie Lawler
Johnny Hendricks
Carlos Condit
Hector Lombard
Tim Means
Eric Silva

Yeah, yeah, yeah, me prime was a ballewn, but that's still an impressive list of names. Obviously, Eric Silva was very green, but still.
Erick Silva is still green. What a ludicrous listing. He's just a kid, broseph. You have to give these things time.

Khabib's resume is still underrated here by many haters

- Gaethje (destroyed Tony and ended his 8 year unbeaten streak of 12 fights)

- Poirier (beat prime Holloway and ended his 13 fight win streak, plus wins over Pettis, Eddie and Gaethje)

- conrat (double champ, beat aldo in 13 sec and beat #3 All Time Great LW Eddie)

- Iaquinta ( was on a 5 fight win streak, beat Lee twice)

- Barboza ( 4 fight win streak with wins over Gilbert, Pettis and Dariush)

- RDA (RDA was in his prime, 5 fight win streak with a win over a prime Cowboy, plus became Champion in less than a year after he lost to Khabib )

- MJ (has wins over Tony, Poirier, Barboza, Lauzon, Tibau and many others)

- Pat Healy ( was scheduled to fight giblert for the strike force title but Giblert kept pulling out and strike force was then bought by the UFC. Was on 5 fight win streak and had beaten Jim Miller the fight before Khabib)

- Tibau ( was a solid top 15-20 LW for many years. Has most amount of takedowns in LW division and the highest TDD % at LW. Plus has wins over many great LW's like RDA)

Which fighters have a highly underrated/underappreciated resume of names? Were solely talking wins here. In this sport some wins age amazingly and some do not. Who are some guys that surprisingly have some really good names attached to them? Here a few that come to mind.

Beneil Dariush
-Anthony Rocco Martin
-Carlos Diego Ferreira
-Jim Miller
-Michael Johnson
-James Vick
-Rashid Magomedov
-Thiago Moises
-Drew Dober
-Drakkar Klose

Raphael Assuncao
-Jorge Masvidal
-Joe Lauzon
-Tj Dillashaw
-Pedro Munhoz
-Bryan Caraway
-Aljamain Sterling
-Marlon Moraes
-Rob Font

Chael Sonnen
-Jason Miller
-Renato Sobral
-Oleksiy Oliynyk
-Paulo Filho
-Yushin Okami
-Nate Marquardt
-Michael Bisping
-Shogun Rua
-Wanderlei Silva
-Rampage Jackson

Jake Shields
-Hayato Sakurai
-Yushin Okami
-Carlos Condit
-Paul Daley
-Robbie Lawler
-Jason Miller
-Dan Henderson
-Martin Kampmann
-Yoshiro Akiyama
-Tyron Woodley
-Demian Maia

Of course many of these wins were early in careers or at the tail end. Some impressive names on these guys resumes nonetheless. Who else comes to mind?

Shields and Assuncao stand out here, Shields is a 10x more accomplished WW than a guy like Colby and to be honest, more accomplished than Usman by quite a bit still too.

I've always though "Stun Gun" DHK was very under-appreciated regarding his resume. I hope he comes back and fights again.

Rick Story has a really good resume, too. I'm amazed he never fought for a UFC title.

I know he's become a running joke, but a LOT of Michael Johnson's wins aged really well.

Formiga has beaten

Kojima
Pantoja
Yamaguchi
Cariaso
Jorgensen
Makovsky
Reis
Ortiz
Sergio
Figueiredo
Nguyen

JoeB has beaten

Curran
Yahya
Torres
Fabiano
Wineland
Urishitani
Uyenoyama
McCall
Formiga x2
Cejudo
Elliot
Ortiz x2
Moraga
Bagautinov
Makovsky
Perez

Hellboy has beaten

Gomi
Sato
JZ
Uno
Imanari
Miyata
Edwards
Azeredo
Aoki
Tokoro
Boku
Ishida

So? He was considered a legit guy at the time, cant recall many people calling him overhyped..
I just like shitting on him for his weird words of CTE to Justin. I dont understand how a fellow fighter can use that as insults, I can understand saying someones been hit a lot or too many but he was just being a knob.

Reactions: G10
Back