Fighters with a Tell

Generally Nick Diaz will flip the bird or attempt to slap his opponent, moments before lumbering forward in straight lines throwing low strength punches.

On a serious note, machida has that counter that shogun read and used to ko him

I dont know if I would call that a tell exactly. He saw on tape that machida would always throw the same counter, not that machida was showing some sign of throwing it first. Predictable counter is apparently just as bad against a prepared opponent.

Robbie brings his glove to his mouth a lot before throwing punches.

Generally Nick Diaz will flip the bird or attempt to slap his opponent, moments before lumbering forward in straight lines throwing low strength punches.

Sometimes he switches it up, and lumbers forward throwing low strength punches before slapping his opponent and flipping the bird.

Interesting thread.

There was this hillarious gif of Hendo chasing Rashad with his head lowered and arm bent, where even Herb Dean seems to be running away from him, but I couldn't find it.

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif

Machida has the opposite of a tell. Dat fake leg kick to head kick be deadly.

Mousasi took it damn well

Rockhold nodded to Vitor so as to let him know to throw the kick and knock him out.

Machida's tell is that he leads with the front hand parry (as he does on the other kick gif)

round3machidapunch.gif

n1yq80.gif

vfxuno.gif

Vitor has a tell. He always does his walkout before spamming headkicks. You know it's coming when he does his walkout.

* Chuck Liddell used to have a tell, too. (No surprise; there are famous gifs of his emotional reactions.)

Allegedly Jardine told Rashad about about a face Chuck would make before he threw an uppercut and Shad used that to time his overhand right.

Back