Fighters who throw strikes even though their opponent is clearly out

The flip side of this is that I gain a lot of respect for guys that do show restraint. Marquardt and Machida come to mind vs Maia and Munoz, respectively.

2v807b9.jpg

machida-vs-munoz-finish.gif

I don'treally blame the guys who punch until the ref steps in, but these guys are pure class.

Shogun also.

slow-motion gifs don't do it justice. I've never knocked out another fighter who was trying to knock me out, but I'm gonna assume it's pretty intense and give them the benefit of the doubt. I doubt they meant to intentionally harm the other fighter; it's just such an intense sport

It's the fighters job to keep fighting til the ref stops it. We've seen guys pull off only to have the ref tell them to keep fighting so you can't really blame anybody. Only exception is if they keep going after the ref has made it clear it's over

Pretty much everyone is quilty of this except maybe, Marquardt, Hunt and Machida.

Why do guys do that? I never get it. When a guy is clearly completely out, what do you get from smashing his head with power shots? I always lose a bit of respect for guys when they do that and then post fight say shit like "Oh man he's a great fighter I love the guy and respect him so much!"

2.gif

rashad-evans_sean-salmon.gif

images_display_image.jpeg

It's the adrenaline going through your body at the time dude.

Back