Fighters who throw strikes even though their opponent is clearly out

Refs job. That's what I think. Some guys get knocked out cold and come to in half a second. Keep it at the refs discretion and only stop the fight if there is next to no chance a guy is coming back during an ass whooping.

Summary of responses in this thread:

"If you were a tough badass like me who bangs 10's in my Lambo and has been in tons of fights you would know you gotta keep smashing him till the ref pulls you off bro."

"Punch that unconscious motherfucker til he's braindead."

this is the best one lol

iMDXS44llchpV.gif

Absolutely sickening. Things like this prevent the sport from becoming mainstream.

it really depends on what the fighter thinks, sometimes they cant tell, sometimes they can, and occasionally they do a hendo and punch him as hard as he can while knowing the guy is out (and then go on to make that his symbol.

but its ok cause bisping called him names.

I agree it has to be seen in an individual context. A clear KTFO like the Jeremy Stephens I can somewhat see as it was kinda fast, but the second punch is not my cup of tea. Ideally I'd like it if the A. Silva style was implemented more where he just lets you go down and just stands there. People really underestimate KOs and the type of damage it does to the brain.

I agree it has to be seen in an individual context. A clear KTFO like the Jeremy Stephens I can somewhat see as it was kinda fast, but the second punch is not my cup of tea. Ideally I'd like it if the A. Silva style was implemented more where he just lets you go down and just stands there. People really underestimate KOs and the type of damage it does to the brain.

what? Silva almost always followed up

You don't always need to wait for the ref. Fighters can and do stop fights. Hunt's walk away KOs are a good example.

Have you ever been in a fight? For me it's instinctive to keep pummeling someone once you drop them. Until you realize they're out or in mma's case the ref stops the fight.

Have you? Do you guys think you go into some mode where thought leaves you?
You damn well know when you have someone knocked out cold.

IT AINT OVER TILL THE REF SAYS ITS OVER

UFC100-HendersonBisping-4.gif

This is probably the best example of what the OP is saying. But no one will hate on Hendo for it cause it was so fun to see him waste bisping like this :)

most of the other gifs in this thread are bad examples imo

That's what's so cool about hunt, he can walk away with his hands up before his opponent even hits the mat

What a badass

IT AINT OVER TILL THE REF SAYS ITS OVER

UFC100-HendersonBisping-4.gif

Yeah! Yeah! I love that diving face smash! Go Hendo! Oh, wait...hmmmm...that definitely is a strike after the opponent is clearly out. I agree with the first post; this is terrible. I guess the refs can`t be everywhere at once, but still - you don`t want to see this.

Jarl

There's a very fine line there. Rampage crossed it once as did hendo etc.

When they happen they happen, but when it gets to this level, it gets a bit much...

mccullough_alfonso.gif

However the ref should always stop you, and i have no problem with guys who fight until the ref pulls them off - but what comes around goes around, and if someone attacks a fighter after they are out, then they should be prepared to possibly have the same done to them some time.

In most cases I chalk it up to following up instinctively to finish the fight. There have been a couple clear examples in my opinion of fighters choosing to administer unnecessary punishment. They're definitely the minority though. Rampage Wandy 3was the worst I can remember though. Rampage should of been suspended or cut it that.

its the refs job to stop the fight when its done. The fighter should be in the fight untill then.

this is as brutal as it gets with being a nice guy at the same time. Nate walking off before the ref steps in after the most vicious hellbows and uppercut combo

1rlPc.gif

Probably one of the most blatant examples of a fighter throwing extra strikes being in the wrong:

quinton-jackson_wanderlie-silva.gif

Quinton's only time doing this that I remember but it was pretty bad.

that is just barbaric lol. not only is Wand out, but Rampage turns the ref into a backpack & unloads 3 more shots...

Back