Fighters who throw strikes even though their opponent is clearly out

Keep on chugging until the ref says "hey, quit that."

Honestly I don't really begrudge the guys that do it (unless it's bad like Rampage on Wand).

But I do have a lot of respect for the guys that pull back.

velasquez-quick-ko-nog_medium.gif

Most of these gifs you are posting are bad examples of the OP.

Also I'm sure some rage and revenge comes into play since a guy is out there for all intents and purposes trying to literally kill you.
this whole " oh youre in there against a top trained athlete who is literally trying to kill you" is fucking stupid

no one is trying to kill each other

Most of the time the adrenaline is pumping and the fighter just wants to make 100% sure they have won. Other times like Rampage when he knocked out Silva and Gomi when he knocked out that guy in Pride they continued punching a clearly unconscious guy because they hated their opponent, which IMO is disgraceful.

It's certainly dirtier than a knee kick or standing shoulder lock. You won't see many complain about it though.

at least he straightened his opponents feet after...

rh3j7k.jpg

Terrible example. Lindland only goes out after the follow up shot. When Lawler drops him Lindland falls face first and then turns over. Lawler would be an idiot not to follow up with another shot.

EDIT: Looking at the gif's you have posted, every single one is a terrible example of a fighter hitting an "unconscious" opponent.

While I'd be the happiest if fighters stopped once their opponent has dropped and has checked out, You have to remember Rousimar vs Dan Miller. Rousimar could have been DQed for almost exiting the octagon, not to mention that a more alert opponent would have mounted his back in a second.

That being said, Schaub is human garbage for bouncing CCs head off the mat when CC was clearly out cold.

I hate fighters who stop fighting before the ref tells them to. They're there to fight, not play nurse.

this whole " oh youre in there against a top trained athlete who is literally trying to kill you" is fucking stupid

Right they're just trying to put their brain into a non working state momentarily. What could go wrong.

Some great examples ,My worry is when someone finally dies because some over zealous fighter who keeps punching a downed fighter that they know is out ..where will that leave MMA ? Pretty sure it will make for bad news stories and possible cancellation of licences in states and provinces ......meaning no more shows ....

No, it's true. If the ref wasn't in the cage to stop them most of these guys would keep going until their opponent is dead. MMA fighters aren't role models and this whole "MMA is so classy and sportsmanlike" shit needs to stop. This is a sport about a man trying his best to brain damage another man, to break his bones and to shut off blood circulation into his brain. It's savage, brutal and barbaric.

No, it's true. If the ref wasn't in the cage to stop them most of these guys would keep going until their opponent is dead. MMA fighters aren't role models and this whole "MMA is so classy and sportsmanlike" shit needs to stop. This is a sport about a man trying his best to brain damage another man, to break his bones and to shut off blood circulation into his brain. It's savage, brutal and barbaric.

True. and at least it's controlled violence. If human history is any indication then we're doing relatively fine. I mean we used to watch lions shred people to death. Endless examples. It's in our nature.

Lol not this crap again. Delusional Shogun fan detected.

Naa I think it's very possible Shogun missed on purpose. He doesn't miss shots like that. Maybe maybe not but it's not absurd.

How does adrenaline cause you to not know the difference between a conscious or unconscious opponent? I've never bought that excuse.

Side note* good to know everyone here's an expert on the matter.

Back