Fighters who throw strikes even though their opponent is clearly out

Summary of responses in this thread:

"If you were a tough badass like me who bangs 10's in my Lambo and has been in tons of fights you would know you gotta keep smashing him till the ref pulls you off bro."

Actual summary of responses in this thread:

"You learn in high school sports that you play until you hear the whistle. If you give up on a play early, the coach WILL chew your ass out. And this is high school athletics, when there's really nothing at stake and most of the athletes are just competing for fun. As a pro athlete, your livelihood and ability to provide for your family are in fact at stake, so it's VERY IMPORTANT that you not give up prior to the ref's instruction. Oh, and fighters can't read minds."

I don't even know what to say about that. The fact that Russow wasn't put under arrest is disgusting. But then again, he's a cop so he probably has some connections and shit. Dude should get the chair for murdering someone on live TV like that.

Oh, it's a troll thread. Well, I give you 8/10 for getting people to bite, although this really is a topic that's been beaten into the ground.

Summary of responses in this thread:

"If you were a tough badass like me who bangs 10's in my Lambo and has been in tons of fights you would know you gotta keep smashing him till the ref pulls you off bro."

That's a pretty inaccurate summary.

It's an instinct thing, you just pounce...you can't just flip a switch and turn it off

You go until you are stopped. Respect to the guys who are able to see it and stop themselves

But in cases like when hendo said he knew Michael was out...that's just bad

Take last night for example: cruckshank followed up immediately after that head kick and put koch out with the right hand. Thats what won him that fight, koch might have recovered from just the head kick

lawler.gif

In mma the fights not over til the ref says its over. If a guy takes extra damage after being knocked out then the ref isnt doing their job properly.

I agree. Hitting a clearly unconscious opponent is disgusting and it shows what kind of person you really are. I also hate fighters celebrating when their opponents are still out (like Tito digging his opponents grave).

I agree. Hitting a clearly unconscious opponent is disgusting and it shows what kind of person you really are. I also hate fighters celebrating when their opponents are still out (like Tito digging his opponents grave).

lol celebrating is bad now

:rolleyes:

hairy lawler, was wondering what Hendricks was doing in that Rockstar cage lol

You've either never played a sport before or you overestimate the mind reading abilities of most fighters.

Or both.

this.

when people ask these sorts of things, they need to consider that they have a VERY different mindset and perspective than the people whose actions they are criticizing or questioning.

no doubt there are plenty of examples of d-bags who inflicted more damage than necessary...and let's face it, despite the applause for shutting up an annoying mouth, Hendo's bomb on Bisping was 100% unnecessary and Hendo admitted as much.

we just notice the exceptions though, because they are brutal. I think if you count, you will see just as many guys stop when they know it is over, or look to the ref, etc.

Back