Fighters who stayed relevant after their prime

DanHenderson_Headshot151.png

Well I think fighters start getting out of their prime after about 37-38. So i would say Randy.

Prime isn't an age. Its when your skills are at or near their peak. Anderson Silva is smack dab in the middle of his prime until someone beats him.

Frank Mir comes to mind. Technically Anderson is past his prime and is still VERY relevant! I suppose we would have to define "prime"...

how is Anderson past his prime? He is in his prime right now. Unless there was some other insanely dominant period he had before this that I'm unaware of.

Prime generally means their best performance years. Its doenst matter how old they are.

I hate the word "prime". The better word would be peak.

Nog
Fedor
Cro Cop
Couture
Serra
Hendo
Shogun

And before you say anything, prime does not equal still winning fights. Prime for me is when skill, speed, strength, and athleticism are all still rising and none are declining.

For example, Nog was in his prime in 2002. Cro Cop was in his prime around 2004.

Nog
Fedor
Cro Cop
Couture
Serra
Hendo
Shogun

And before you say anything, prime does not equal still winning fights. Prime for me is when skill, speed, strength, and athleticism are all still rising and none are declining.

For example, Nog was in his prime in 2002. Cro Cop was in his prime around 2004.

Serra's prime was when he was wearing that WW belt in 07'. In the 5 years since he bested gsp he's gone 1-3 with his only win being frank trigg. Serra didn't stay relavent after his prime

How about Forrest? I'd say Anderson knocked the prime right out of him but he's still in there fighting and messing people up from time to time

Not only was Couture relavent after his prime but became a champion after his prime.

Back