Fighters who should get more respect

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Obviously, the UFC pushes fighters who are marketable and doesn't really care about the rest. . I guess I can live with that, but that does mean many equally talented fighters get too litle respect. Who are these underappreciated guys an girls? After last night, Glover and especially Barcelos are added to my list. Barcelos can give anyone in the top 5 a very competitive fight and isn't even ranked. His only loss is to Dickman in 2014.

Jan Blachowitz
Gilbert Burns
Andrei Arlovski (Just needs 1 more win for Title Shot)
Deiveson Figuiredo

But the lower division guys under LW don't get too much respect here because apparently smaller guys fighting don't generate as much excitement as bigger guys fighting...

Jan Blachowitz
Gilbert Burns
Andrei Arlovski (Just needs 1 more win for Title Shot)
Deiveson Figuiredo

But the lower division guys under LW don't get too much respect here because apparently smaller guys fighting don't generate as much excitement as bigger guys fighting...
"Jan Blachowitz"

<34> My man Jan gets no respect even from people with respect bork1}

All of them.

There are many but I'll say Usman. Say what you will about his style but the guy straight up dominates top fighters.

Mickey Gall and Mike Jackson, the only two MMA fighters who have defeated wrestling legend CM Punk.

Mickey Gall and Mike Jackson, the only two MMA fighters who have defeated wrestling legend CM Punk.
CM Punk is somebody who deserves more respect. He was a 37 years old man with no martial arts-experience, that decided to have a go at it. UFC deserves a ton of crap for promoting his fights, but I have no beef with a man, who just wants to try this out for himself, gives it his best and ends up sucking.

UFC messed up here. CM Punk did nothing that warrants the disrespectful attitude.

Tito Ortiz. He may be a blockhead but he did have some great fights and the hate over the years is unwarranted.

Colby as well, his style makes every one of his fights exciting.

CM Punk.

Guy trained for 2 years, went in there at 37 years old against a young up and comer, and took a shot. Got his ass kicked by Mickey Gall but never gave up. Nothing but respect.

Back