Fighters who say "I suck"

This is what's weird about Conor. Got dominated in every phase of the fight by Khabib, then says he's ready for the rematch as he goes on his Proper 12 world tour.

Maybe it's mental strength not to admit it publicly, but deep down he knows he was never in the fight.
I'd say it's mental weakness. He knows he lost, but doesn't want people to think so. Deep down, he's just a poor boy from a poor family who has been bullied and he picked up boxing to defend himself. He's not a born warrior.

What's Mark Coleman up to these days? Is he still struggling?

Sonnen is a great example, Saku also doesn't seem to be arrogant
Saku doesn't suck obviously, he's just very humble
Phil Baroni was also very humble, especially after the Menne fight
Baroni is never humble. Maybe that’s one of the reason y he doesn’t have much success in mma. U saw what he said to the uk bare knuckle fighters and to Chris leben during the weigh in? And look what Chris leben did to him.

Baroni is never humble. Maybe that’s one of the reason y he doesn’t have much success in mma. U saw what he said to the uk bare knuckle fighters and to Chris leben during the weigh in? And look what Chris leben did to him.
It was a joke, obviously.
Phil had the problem of being too confident. The BKB situation was really weird, as Phil wanted them to fly him to UK, despite Baroni making people believe he has loads of money. And later came the Leben fight...

What's Mark Coleman up to these days? Is he still struggling?
He had a successful hip surgery last year. So he can get around without pain now but not sure what he's doing.

I have vague memories of Mark Coleman berating himself backstage after a bad loss in Pride, possibly after the Fedor fight. Couldn't find the video but found this.

karma for mark attacking shogun first fight after bell rang clearly

He had a successful hip surgery last year. So he can get around without pain now but not sure what he's doing.
Good for him. Just glad he isn't out there fighting in C level organizations for small paychecks.

karma for mark attacking shogun first fight after bell rang clearly

All I remember from that fight is Shogun's nasty elbow fracture/dislocation injury. I've never rewatched that, too much of a Rua brothers and Chute box fanboy.

Back