Fighters who have ducked opponents...

blueadept

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
What's the most certain case of one fighter "ducking" another? Tito ducking Chuck all those years is my vote.

Last edited:
GSP was ducking Anderson but can't blame him cause Anderson is a lot bigger.

Conor vs any wrestler

Shogun ducked Texiera.

It's not MMA, but Riddick Bowe legitimately gave up a title to avoid fighting Lennox Lewis. That's about as flagrant a ducking as you'll ever get.

Tito also clearly ducked Liddell for at least a year and a half, but possibly closer to even two and a half. He inexplicably didn't fight for 14 months between September 2001 and November 2002, during which time Chuck was on a hot streak, fought several times, and was supposed to get a title shot after he beat Vitor (which put his UFC record at 6-1).

Then Chuck KOed Babalu on the same card where Tito defended against Fossil Shammy, EVEN THOUGH HE ALREADY HAD A TITLE SHOT PROMISED TO HIM, then he lost to Couture before going on a brief sabbatical to PRIDE, and Tito immediately came out of another inexplicable lay-off to fight Randy three months later. Only after he lost the title to Couture did he fight Liddell. The fact that people even deny Tito's ducking of Liddell is hilarious.

Last edited:
Jones ducking Gustafsson
McGregor ducking top 5 competition
Rousey ducking men
Everybody ducking Vitor

It's not MMA, but Riddick Bowe legitimately gave up a title to avoid fighting Lennox Lewis. That's about as flagrant a ducking as you'll ever get.

I remember that now, not only did he actually vacate the title, but he held a presser where he threw the belt in the trash. Pathetic really.

Woodley ducking Lombard came to mind first, it annoys me a lot, Woodley is dangerous for just about the same reasons as Hector is, and now he doesn't want to face his own fire.

Anderson ducked Weidman or nearly 2yrs. He was forced to fight him or be fed to the strikeforce MW division. UFC ducked for him by not signing MW's in this era. He has the worst resume by any champion ever

Josh Samman pretty much outright admitted to ducking Urijah Hall on TUF.

I remember that now, not only did he actually vacate the title, but he held a presser where he threw the belt in the trash. Pathetic really.

That was hysterical. Sugar Ray ducked Hagler HARD on the rematch.

Reem calling out a retired Lesnar instead of JDS after the Mir fight.

But he got the nickname "Ridiculous Bozo", from Lennox, so that was pretty cool.

Back