Fighters who had been caught using PEDs

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Which fighter got the most and least backlash when they've been caught using PEDs? A fighter who was caught but still manage to have their good reputation? A fighter who went downhill career wise when they've gotten caught?

People here seem to love Chael and hate Cyborg...

Good rep? Romero, Belfort, Lyoto, Chael, Anderson, Wandy

Bad Rep? Nick Diaz, Jon Jones, Lesnar

I think Nick has taken the most backlash
Lesnar let off the easiest

To me using is cheating, no matter who does it.

There was a time when Josh Barnett was thought never to fight in the UFC ever again do to a failed drug test that cancelled an old mma org.

Also i think he popped like 3x's in his career.

People here seem to love Chael and hate Cyborg...
I can't stand chael, his voice and general attitude annoys me but even without that i have no respect for anyone who pops, it's a professional sport at the highest level, no excuses are justified, fight clean or do something else for a living.

Good rep? Romero, Belfort, Lyoto, Chael, Anderson, Wandy

Bad Rep? Nick Diaz, Jon Jones, Lesnar

I think Nick has taken the most backlash
Lesnar let off the easiest

lol wtf are you talking about? No one ever talks shit about Nick for being a pot head, well very rarely anyway

Barnett never gets any hate on here (he is a cool guy so I kinda get it) despite the fact he's a prolific steroid cheat, and one could argue him getting popped destroyed an entire organisation.

Lyoto doesn't deserve hate as he was using DHEA which had only been banned a few months before and is a supplement you can buy at your local shop.

lol wtf are you talking about? No one ever talks shit about Nick for being a pot head, well very rarely anyway

Barnett never gets any hate on here (he is a cool guy so I kinda get it) despite the fact he's a prolific steroid cheat, and one could argue him getting popped destroyed an entire organisation.

Lyoto doesn't deserve hate as he was using DHEA which had only been banned a few months before and is a supplement you can buy at your local shop.

I meant career backlash.. but Nick is under appreciated/rated due to his pot smoking

Nate the great didn't seem to get a lot of hate and he popped serval times if I'm correct .
Vitor i think has copt a lot of flack and rightfully so i guess the guy was a killer and now looks very sub par since being off TRT .

I meant career backlash.. but Nick is under appreciated/rated due to his pot smoking

I would politely disagree, Nick's a great fighter but he hasn't won a fight in just over 5 years, that's probably why he's under appreciated.

Frank Mir and it's not even close.

He basically gets a pass since most people figure his career is over anyway, and his "kangaroo meat" excuse was worth a few chuckles. (and also 'Murica)

Back