Fighters Who Go For the Finish

Florian. He finishes fights!

Kenflofinish.gif
That was not the full statement. I think he only finishes at LW.
"Who wants to see fights finished in the 155 pound division? I finish fights." - Kenny Florian

wtf is going on? On 3rd page and no mention of Robbie ?

If you only get highlight reel finishes you aren't fighting equal competition.

What on Earth makes you think this? I guess it's easier to get KO's against inferior competition, but just bc someone gets KO's at a high % doesn't mean they face nothing but terrible opponents. I feel like your statement discredits a lot of fighters who got knocked out. Guys like Romero, Gaethje, Lawler, or Rumble have faced plenty of legit fighters and have knocked a large percentage of them on their ass. Would you please expand on that statement a little bit more? I feel like I've taken what you said the wrong way.

Vitor 2.0.......also known as Costa.

Dustin Poirier.
Black Beast Lewis.

These guys I never ever feel are trying to win a decision, they go all out from the first seconds. I don't think Black Beast would even know what pointing fighting is haha.

You could argue that his fight with Ngannou was a sort of point fighting...doing juuuust enough with his leg kicks to be busier than paralyzed Francis so to get the W.

Name the fighters who fight to win via stoppage and don't have any interest in winning on points. Recently, Yoel Romero stands out for me... He fought at a (more) conservative pace vs. Weidman, Rockhold, and Whittaker but absolutely unloaded on those guys at crucial moments - Resulting in vicious KO's vs. teh Chris & Luke, but couldn't get the W vs. Robert. Which fighters have a history of going all out for the finish, for better or for worse? Win or lose?

Chuck Liddell. Watch a video of his last fight and you'll see the end product of this mentality.

only one person has mentioned Fedor so far. Wow..He was the first that came to thought for me.

I’d say Sergei Kharitonov too. Always tries to finish. Hell most of the old school pride guys always went for the finish. I respect the grind that’s more common within the octagon too, though

Cro Cop. 37 wins, 34 finishes - 29 TKO/KO’s. A just bleed original gangster.
09549A8F-C46A-46BC-87A9-356441574C62.png

Fedor has no other goal than to eliminate his opponent.

latest

Shogun. Even in his twilight, I've never seen someone go for the kill like he does. Even in the later rounds, if he sees you hurt, it's like a switch gets flipped.

Modern day GSP. Don't blink. Dropped and choked Bisping unconscious. Word.

Obligatory Randy Couture reference.

Who else knows what I am talking about?

Huh?
Huh?
Huh?

UFC strawweight Weili Zhang is on an 18 fight win streak.
Only 2 of those 18 wins were by decision.
dgshb.jpg

Back