fighters who fell in love w/ striking...

ChardeeMcDennis

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
To their own detriment.

Koscheck: I think he could have taken down alves before he got rocked, but traded to long. Same with Paulo thiago. He probably could have done better against peirce and hendricks with more aggressive wrestling. If I remember right ( which i admittedly may not) Hendricks struggled with tds early while Kos got a td easily in the third. Haven't seen the Lawler fight so I don't know..

Diego: his fights with karo and Diaz have to be some of the best grappling wars. He got koscheck's back immediately after being taken down. But these days he's all rock em sock em.

Sherk: to his credit, he went back to wrestling against dunham after losing to Edgar. But he was content to stand and trade with Bj, griffin, and Edgar, 2 of which he lost.

Any other examples? Have we ever seen this in reverse (striker turned wrestler)?

hey, I didn't come in expecting a twist. goddammit, if I wanted I twist I'd go to the fuckin movies

Screen-shot-2011-03-04-at-7.21.20-AM.png

Hendo, Hendricks, CB Dollaway, Werdum recently, Rashad for a while

Chuck Liddell, Dan Henderson, Gabriel Gonzaga, Diego Sanchez, Rashad Evans, Matt Hamill, ect.

Back