Fighters who EARNED their nickname and status

Sexyama was given to him by a Sherdogger/Sherdog. he accepted it as an honor.

notorious
/nə(ʊ)ˈtɔːrɪəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. famous or well known, typically for some bad quality or deed.
Conor certainly lives up to his name

Always found ruthless a fitting title for Robbie lawler. Guy really was coming for your soul.

tumblr_pgl7q9gSAR1v6dnvto3_500.jpg
40121020_242591806440584_4328175657655626906_n.jpg
crocop_1.jpg
51489475-663302544124199-2489097986668995755-n.jpg
5a481259-7da0-4290-8854-6fc50a0a0a6a-6-previewOrg.jpg

A fighter who I sincerely hope didn't earn his nickname is Ian McCall, aka "Uncle Creepy".
maxresdefault.jpg

According to this UFC article:
"...when his friend's three-year-old son randomly called him "Uncle Creepy" instead of the usual "Uncle Ian", it stuck and Ian kept it because he realized it was awesome."
https://www.ufc.com/news/life-and-death-and-life-uncle-creepy

Mark 'the injecting machine' Kerr

Ryan 'Master' Bader, well well earnt :)

Kevin THE uncrowned champion lee

Chuck wasnt named the iceman because he iced people at All. It was infact nothing to do with what he did to his opponents. It was given to him by how calm he was surrounding a fight. Often times he would be napping right before fights etc.he was calm
Emotionless cold as ice

El guapo..Bas
The Monster (rip) Kevin
The hammer... Coleman
Demolishon Man. Reem
The Russian Bea . Oleg
Ice Cold ....Igor
King of the Streets.... marco.....fyi it's because russ means street in Portuguese.

I'm sure there are more, that's just guys from older days.
The monster rip. Interesting name.
Kevin must've liked his weed. Did he earn it by ripping the bong all ferocious?

Joanna Champion

It really started because the media couldn't ever pronounce her last name. It stuck for a long while. I don't know if she will go back to it again if she beats Weili now that she has used Strawweight Queen over the past year and a half.

didn't he use to post on sherdog? nice guy if I remember correctly
I don't know.

I wonder what his user-name would have been. Nothing came up when I searched for posts by Ian McCall. And when I searched for posts by Uncle Creepy, two posts in 2013, by a white belt, came up. Nothing to indicate that he was the genuine Uncle Creepy though.

Back