Fighters who didnt let age hold them back

Wish I could eat a single bowl of soup per day and look like that, 100% natty.
He's been doing 1000 push-ups and sit-ups a day since he was 6. Fact.

Maia is 42 and still top 10 at WW

Would've gotten usada'd
<TheWire1>

While he was definitely a genetically gifted freak natural athlete (natural as in abilities) wouldn’t be surprised if he was augmenting his Test levels, also wouldn’t be surprised if he was actually extracurricular supplement free. I’d seen guys when I was working with the DOC in the 90’s, get into the system maybe carrying a bit of lean muscle, make a drastic transformation in a year or two... some fuckers got it like that, won the genetic mesomorph lottery at birth.

Everyone is all of the sudden talking about the young age of 32 like its the age that a fighter now declines just because Jon Jones happened have a bad performance combined with GSP retiring at 32, and Fedor having his first loss at 32.

Let's not forget about the massive list of fighters that have had success at a much later age.

-Chuck Liddell won the LHW title at 35.
-Randy Couture won the LHW title at 40, then went on to win the HW title at 44 and successfully defended it at 45.
-Anderson Silva didnt get dethroned until he was 37.

Chael Sonnen had his best performances in his mid 30s. Cung Lee had alot of success in his late 30s-early 40s, Mark Hunt, Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, etc as honorable mentions. I mean, the list goes on.

Lets not get this mythical "YoUr dOnE at 32!" nonsense in our heads based off a few performances.

As a general rule no 32 is not “old” for a a fighter but each person ages differently.

Also if you look at the stats 31-32 is about the average of atop 10 fighter.

32 still puts ppl in the prime range but it’s the beginning of the other side of the prime.

At 1 point in Usain Bolts life he will run the fastest he will ever run. He will never be able to run his pb twice.
It doesn’t mean he instantly becomes slow but it means he has begun his slow and eventual decline.

JJ has started his decline.

He is still good enough though to fed off the wolves but his time is coming.

he might decline slow or fast we won’t know, but it’s evident he has not looked as good as he did before DC 2 in his last 3 fights.

Everyone is all of the sudden talking about the young age of 32 like its the age that a fighter now declines just because Jon Jones happened have a bad performance combined with GSP retiring at 32, and Fedor having his first loss at 32.

Let's not forget about the massive list of fighters that have had success at a much later age.

-Chuck Liddell won the LHW title at 35.
-Randy Couture won the LHW title at 40, then went on to win the HW title at 44 and successfully defended it at 45.
-Anderson Silva didnt get dethroned until he was 37.

Chael Sonnen had his best performances in his mid 30s. Cung Lee had alot of success in his late 30s-early 40s, Mark Hunt, Vitor Belfort, Dan Henderson, etc as honorable mentions. I mean, the list goes on.

Lets not get this mythical "YoUr dOnE at 32!" nonsense in our heads based off a few performances.

Peds work.

Age matters much much less than wear and tear.
This, this and this...

ie Just because DC had it till 40 doesnt mean that Jones will. Jones has much more mileage at 32. He will be like plagued with injuries and cte if he wants to fight till that age.

I feel at 40 you should be still expected to perform ok but 43-5 and above you may slowly start playing senior age card
mayweather was just fine and embarrassed 25yo Conor, so that speak volumes about how age is just a number before you brek thru half century
I'm not sure how worn out you'd be when 50-0-0 with his career though, but if anything it is even more of a reason to admire F'M'M

Most of the guys you listed were juiced. And it’s not all about your actual age.
TemptingEllipticalAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif

In honor of your AV.

Back