Fighters who are betting disasters

Dustin phead
Faber

Nah.

Poirier:
-345 Zombie
-125 Swanson (blatant robbery)
-170 MJ
But he's also quite a successful underdog, and overall quite reliable. So no.

Faber:
-563 Brown 1. Well, that was some mega upset, and he was FW GOAT back then
-130 Brown 2
That's it, was an underdog in all the other losses.
Reliable, very reliable. Not profitable, because the only underdog fight he won was vs Ricky Simon. But solid and predictable.

Gotta be reem and MJ for me. Reem was good to me last time though

Good thread TS

I add Lawler to the mix even if IDK the odds but: manages to loose to that weird choke after beating the living shit of Askren.
Should have beaten Colby but went on strike and threw like 3 weak punches the whole fight.

Sorry, missed this.

Lawler:
-600 vs Spratt (well, freak injury)
-260 vs Nick (well...this is the first time the world saw Nick's striking)
-135 Shields
-135 Babalu
-135 Woodley
Not sure, he was so different in different stages of his career, and Strikeforce, IMO, was his lowest point.

How about his underdog accomplishments?
+172 Manhoef
+285 Kos
+330 Rory 1
+185 Hendricks 2
+145 Rory 2 (wow, underdog champ...)

If you ask me, he's more valuable than disastrous. You just need to understand where he stands in his career.

Sorry, missed this.

Lawler:
-135 Shields
-135 Babalu
-135 Woodley
Not sure, he was so different in different stages of his career, and Strikeforce, IMO, was his lowest point.

+172 Manhoef
+285 Kos
+330 Rory 1
+185 Hendricks 2

If you ask me, he's more valuable than disastrous. You just need to understand where he stands in his career.

............or you just need to know what mood he wakes up in on fight day.

Sorry, missed this.

Lawler:
-135 Shields
-135 Babalu
-135 Woodley

+172 Manhoef
+285 Kos
+330 Rory 1
+185 Hendricks 2

Pretty sure he was the favorite against RDA, too

nailed it right off the bat with overeem. one of the most unpredictable fighters in the most unpredictable division. would never put money on one of his fights, under any circumstances.
I'm an Overeem fan and i can't justify putting money on him.

WTF are you talking about? He's THE fighter to bet on!!

-355 Shields
Other than that, ALL his losses were when he was an underdog.
An opposite of disaster. Reliable fighter.

On the other hand:
+215 vs Wanderlei 2
+235 vs Fedor
+130 vs Shogun 1
+125 vs Shogun 2
+160 vs Boetsch hahahah
+270 vs Lombard
Holy fuck Dan was really +270? Lombard is a good candidate for biggest betting let down.

Rory has been a favorite in 18 of 19 fights (except against Moose) including both his losses to Robbie, his loss to Condit and his loss to Wonderboy.

Gonzaga has a ton of losses as a betting favorite. Maybe even a losing record as a favorite.

I dont know numbers but based on results, Jorges past razor thin decisions and his recent string of kos/tkos probably make him a pain in the ass to bet on or against.
Cody is another one, looks like a world better then gets ktfo. Alistair is the epítome of winning until he lost.

" some " of those guys really dont fall under topic because of the number of fights they've had. Its mma, of course you're going to be on the wrong side of betting favorite A FEW times if you're fighting long enough. Theres about 5 legitimate guys on list...... and there was nothing embarrassing about the " majority draw" in moose- jardine ( 1 judge had it right as mousasi beat the living daylights out of jardine for 15 minutes). The flawed scoring system was at its height in that particular fight. Jardine hung in there and didnt get finished. Judge Abe Robello gave jardine round 2 ???????????? Huh ??? The only reason why fight was majority draw- and Beltran taking a point away from a mousasi upkick that barely grazed ( if that) KJ. A warning shouldve been the protocol.

Back