Fighters That Would Be Forced From Their Weightclass

Most fighters do 10% or more. This is bullshit.

22d60f6db14a1736cb312499756c115d.jpg

Ronda-Rousey:-Visits-Jimmy-Kimmel-Live--05.jpg

Bad job TS

You could have at least mentioned this is for AMATEURS ONLY, California hasn't actually passed any such new regulations yet, and it's only temporary for the time being.

I'm confused on the "more than 1 weight class above him on the day of the fight" part.

So if I fight at 170, then I'm allowed to weigh 184 on fight night?

Bad job TS

You could have at least mentioned this is for AMATEURS ONLY, California hasn't actually passed any such new regulations yet, and it's only temporary for the time being.

Bad jon spid3yo you could have at least traveled with me to a universe where this was a universal rule. You missed the assignment. Dismissed.

This is a healthy decision from Arkansas. Some one has to lead the way.

Arkansas, California adopted new rules for weight-cutting. The more interesting requirement is that starting Aug. 19, competitors are no longer able to gain more than 7.5 percent of their body weight back from the day of weigh-ins to the day of the fight. Also, a fighter cannot weigh more than one weight class above him or her the day of the fight.

Now travel with me to a reality where this rules are now universal, which fighters would be forced to move up, is there anyone who would move up two weight classes?

Special sauce **Splash**

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/3...commissions-leading-the-way-with-historic-new

California just ensured no UFC fights will ever take place there if true. WW fighters would not be able to weigh more than 182.75 on fight night. Every WW fighter is bigger than that, GSP was 185 and he was the smallest top 10 WW fighter when he retired.

Just looked, this is amateur only.

Back