Fighters That Would Be Forced From Their Weightclass

StoicSD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Arkansas, California adopted new rules for weight-cutting. The more interesting requirement is that starting Aug. 19, competitors are no longer able to gain more than 7.5 percent of their body weight back from the day of weigh-ins to the day of the fight. Also, a fighter cannot weigh more than one weight class above him or her the day of the fight.

Now travel with me to a reality where this rules are now universal, which fighters would be forced to move up, is there anyone who would move up two weight classes?

Special sauce **Splash**

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/3...commissions-leading-the-way-with-historic-new

The entire flyweight division.

7.5% of 125 is 9.375 pounds.

I bet 100% of flyweights rehydrate 10 pounds or more.

Damn, that's really gonna put a damper on all those UFC events in Arkansas.

The entire flyweight division.

7.5% of 125 is 9.375 pounds.

I bet 100% of flyweights rehydrate 10 pounds or more.

7.5% of 265 is 19.875 lbs

so the range is 9 lbs - 20 lbs.

Every person in every division will have to move up.

Lmfao this is hilarious, Johny Hendricks by that logic is going to have to be a light heavyweight

Edit: Just realized this is in Arkansas, I forgot Arkansas was even a state, so Idgaf

then whats the point?

Probably because of lot of amateur MMA have same day weigh ins (keeps them from having to pay for a hotel stay for the fighters.)

So it's to keep guys from killing themselves doing weight cuts for those events I would imagine

Great... now some fighter is only going to re-hydrate up to the allowed 7.5%, get knocked out and die from brain trauma.

tibau_el.0.jpg

7.5% of 265 is 19.875 lbs

so the range is 9 lbs - 20 lbs.

Every person in every division will have to move up.

Which would in effect merely rename all the weight classes without forcing fighters to go through the BS of cutting. I see no problem.

Which would in effect merely rename all the weight classes without forcing fighters to go through the BS of cutting. I see no problem.

With this low % though, most guys would be moving up 2 weight classes.

145ers cutting from 170-175 wouldn't be able to make 155 under this rule unless they dropped their walk around weight by 5-10 lbs

With this low % though, most guys would be moving up 2 weight classes.

145ers cutting from 170-175 wouldn't be able to make 155 under this rule unless they dropped their walk around weight by 5-10 lbs

Who cares? Hell, rename all the weight classes. Call them small, medium, and large. The point is it would keep them from the ginormous weight swings we see now between weigh in weights and actually fight time weights.

Who cares? Hell, rename all the weight classes. Call them small, medium, and large. The point is it would keep them from the ginormous weight swings we see now between weigh in weights and actually fight time weights.

I don't care, I was just pointing out that it would be 2 weight class jump, not 1.

Back