Fighters that refused to touch gloves and ended up winning

It isn’t a real sport, it’s sports entertainment.

Honestly it's not even sports entertainment. Fighters are modern day gladiators. I feel lucky to be alive in a period of time where civilized society allows this kind of blatant violence to be miscategorized as a sport.

Colton Smith faked a glove touch in tuf and ended up winning. Pretty snake move.

Recently in Rizin, an unknown prospect named Killer Gustavo, Wanderlei protege, fought Japan's top LW Yachi (at least top three, I'd say number one) and refused to touch gloves. Then he went out and completely decimated Yachi, looked like a Prime Wand/Shogun hybrid. Dude was a FW fighter fighting up a weight class on short notice.

It was awesome.

Easy to see some Wand style there.

Thanks for the video

Easy to see some Wand style there.

Thanks for the video
While the Rizin PBP was going on, this guy had everyone in the thread excited. He gained a bunch of fans that night. We are all hoping that Rizin brings him back and he makes a name there.

S9JPb.gif
McGregor has no sportsmanship at all.

Touching the gloves in the middle of a round is so infuriating to me. It feels disrespectful to the audience, the promotion and all fighters throughout history. Fighting is an extremely dangerous sport that should be treated with respect. It’s not golf.. you don’t high Five each put.
It's goofy, but calling it disrespectful to everyone that ever lived is being melodramatic man.

Recently in Rizin, an unknown prospect named Killer Gustavo, Wanderlei protege, fought Japan's top LW Yachi (at least top three, I'd say number one) and refused to touch gloves. Then he went out and completely decimated Yachi, looked like a Prime Wand/Shogun hybrid. Dude was a FW fighter fighting up a weight class on short notice.

It was awesome.

holy shh.. this ref is on point, what a dive...

holy shh.. this ref is on point, what a dive...
I wonder if it was the same ref from the Horiguchi/McCall fight? That ref was in like Barry Allen too. And there were some people saying immediately after that it was premature stoppage, but the replay shows that McCall was out after the punch and he wasn't with it after the drop. The refs over there are for the most part outstanding lately. And that is good, bc you don't want to see someone soccer kicked 11 times before the fight is called off.

I wonder if it was the same ref from the Horiguchi/McCall fight? That ref was in like Barry Allen too. And there were some people saying immediately after that it was premature stoppage, but the replay shows that McCall was out after the punch and he wasn't with it after the drop. The refs over there are for the most part outstanding lately. And that is good, bc you don't want to see someone soccer kicked 11 times before the fight is called off.
this is some high level shit there..lmao.. the ref was quite far away...

this is some high level shit there..lmao.. the ref was quite far away...
Maybe Sakakibara told the refs that they can't let another Sakuraba happen? Like, "We let his beatings go for far too long and now we are half responsible for him being a walking zucchini, along with his alcoholism. Save our fighting sons so that we may exploit them well into their 50's and not catch scrutiny for it bc we have let them endure too much head trauma. We can never have a Sakuraba/Arona ever again."

Also, never understood why fighters touch gloves during the referee's instructions and again when they're about to fight.

It's like one is forced abd the other is voluntary. The only "logical" explanation I can find

Not a sport...its sport.. Its fighting. Kill or be killed. Fuck the fist bump and the hugging. Ffs.
UFC fighters love spouting that "kill or be killed" nonsense, and yet no one ever dies. If you really want to see life and death scenarios played out daily, join the army.

Also, it is a sport, hence the rules, referee and audience.

Honestly it's not even sports entertainment. Fighters are modern day gladiators. I feel lucky to be alive in a period of time where civilized society allows this kind of blatant violence to be miscategorized as a sport.

Lol at gladiators. It’s much more akin to bum fights

There are plenty of fights where the fighter that refused to touch gloves ended up losing, but what fights have there been where the fighter that refused to touch gloves ended up winning? Two that I know of are Silva/Hendo and Lesnar/Mir, but are there any more?
lol

@ 0mn45

doubt there was a glove touch in Nate Vs Conor 1 but can't remember for sure

There are plenty of fights where the fighter that refused to touch gloves ended up losing, but what fights have there been where the fighter that refused to touch gloves ended up winning? Two that I know of are Silva/Hendo and Lesnar/Mir, but are there any more?
Ronda almost never touched gloves. Wrecked meisha

Back