Fighters that refused to touch gloves and ended up winning

Also, never understood why fighters touch gloves during the referee's instructions and again when they're about to fight.
Good sportsmanship, it's quite simple really.
You must not have ever played any sport before.

Personally I think it's much better to let your opponent know you respect him before the fighters and let them know you don't want to tou h gloves at the beginning of a fight. It takes you out of position and gives you a different start space. I want to set up from the approach not try to find some extended hand with a questionable start time.fugit. my opponent will know what kind of guy I am by my actions, not a glove to

SNGncbD.gif

One glove touch while the ref is announcing the rules is plenty enough. I dont like those glove touches when the round begins.

Did Ronda ever touch gloves with any of her opponents. I despise WMMA, but IIRC she shit all over Miesha. I can easily be wrong when it comes to WMMA, so take it with a grain of salt.

I think she didn’t touch gloves with slutate and Holly; and don’t remember seeing it with betche either; but I think she did it with girls like Cat and the no fuzz around girls.

There should not be a touch of gloves, and def not multiple touches for each round or during the fight. Also no hugging during a fight. And afterwards if one is stansing they should not check on fighter or huddle near them. There is already a mutual understanding of fighter respect, this unnecessary show of affection is just glee. And no kissing, gay jesus...ffs.
I agree with all of this except for checking on a fighter. Showing a bit of empathy for a fellow human being should never be viewed as something negative.

if i remember correctly they touched gloves at the staredown, brandao even asked if they were touching again right before the fight started and conor motioned that he wasn't going to.

brandao thought conor's extended hand was to touch gloves but it was just his stance lol.

Manny Gamburian(or however you spell it) didn't touch gloves and did a spinning back kick to the chest and later won.

I agree with all of this except for checking on a fighter. Showing a bit of empathy for a fellow human being should never be viewed as something negative.
I wouldnt want someone who kod me hovering over me...i would still want to kill them. Its isrespectful.

I wouldnt want someone who kod me hovering over me...i would still want to kill them. Its isrespectful.
You'd still want to kill them? This is a sport not a death match. Checking on them is a gesture of sportsmanship. It would only be disrespectful if the opponent is taunting them but if they're genuinely concerned I see nothing wrong with it.

Its natty instincts. Would be mad. Wouldnt want some guy kneeling and hugging me. Bell rings game on. Can show respect in post fight presser. This isnt the gay olympics.

You'd still want to kill them? This is a sport not a death match. Checking on them is a gesture of sportsmanship. It would only be disrespectful if the opponent is taunting them but if they're genuinely concerned I see nothing wrong with it.
Not a sport...its sport.. Its fighting. Kill or be killed. Fuck the fist bump and the hugging. Ffs.

Touching the gloves in the middle of a round is so infuriating to me. It feels disrespectful to the audience, the promotion and all fighters throughout history. Fighting is an extremely dangerous sport that should be treated with respect. It’s not golf.. you don’t high Five each put.
I totally agree with you. I really hate this stupid high fiving and fist bumping during fights, it disgusts me, especially when they are doing it multiple times per round.

Touching the gloves in the middle of a round is so infuriating to me. It feels disrespectful to the audience, the promotion and all fighters throughout history. Fighting is an extremely dangerous sport that should be treated with respect. It’s not golf.. you don’t high Five each put.

It isn’t a real sport, it’s sports entertainment.

Even if MMA is designed to be as similar as possible to a real fight, it still it's a sport, so showing respect and sportsmanship is actually something I like. If two fighters have some personal beef or history, I understand them not touching gloves, but those who take it as their personal approach, I think they are disrespectful. Not to mention those who fake the glove touch...

Back