Fighters that live up to their nicknames

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Which fighter lives up to their nickname the best?

Due to recent news, I noticed that Lee "Lightning" Murray has the perfect nickname because he lives up to it as perfectly as possible. He really is a lightining.

Conor McGregor: known as the notorious. Often times the term is a form of infamy but its an infamy that is well respected. He has lived up to it earlier but recently his behavior is more silly than notorious. But still a well fitted nickname.

Joe "Diesel" Riggs: Not in the UFC anymore but back in his heydays, he had amazing cardio+ hit super hard and diesel goes well with his last name.

Karo Parisyan: At one point, he brought the heat. Most people forgot but it was a good nickname for him at one point.

George Rush Saint Pierre. Pre Serra of course

Last edited:
Axe murderer when he was in PRIDE

Crazy horse Charles Bennett

Last edited:
Petr No Mercy Yan

Yeah, a freaking beast of a striker.

I thought of him as some demi-god who does 100 man kyokushin kumite on daily basis for warm up. I thought he was some crazy super human. The Serra loss felt weird, not shocked but it felt not something that is part of reality.

I thought of him as some demi-god who does 100 man kyokushin kumite on daily basis for warm up. I thought he was some crazy super human. The Serra loss felt weird, not shocked but it felt not something that is part of reality.
That loss dissapointed me cos GSP panicked.

Good on him that he was able to get mentally stronger and learn from that loss. That couldnt have been easy.

images

Back