Fighters that lack a killer instinct

Cormier was super dissapointing. He needed to sub that guy or throw elbows with authority and never did. The guy he was fighting was a tomato can.

Most of the comments here are non-responsive to the OP.

It was a great fight. I'm not sure that anyone is really disputing that. But Tarec does seem to lack killer instinct. A fighter with killer instinct goes for the finish when they get their opponent hurt or weakened. Some fighters do this, some don't. Tarec doesn't go for the kill in any of his fights.

Anderson Silva does, GSP does not. Both are brilliant fighters.

Most of the comments here are non-responsive to the OP.

It was a great fight. I'm not sure that anyone is really disputing that. But Tarec does seem to lack killer instinct. A fighter with killer instinct goes for the finish when they get their opponent hurt or weakened. Some fighters do this, some don't. Tarec doesn't go for the kill in any of his fights.

Anderson Silva does, GSP does not. Both are brilliant fighters.

Thank you. The point is that there are pros and cons to both styles, and i found myself thinking as to why a fighter chooses sometimes to go for the finish where as others sometimes back off.

Certain fighters understand the line perfectly to keep themselves out of damage, but still know when to put on the gas.

Back