Fighters that immediately declined upon change of camps

Hendricks when he would no longer want to pay his camp 10-20%.
Thought he could train himself at home, while having a restaurant and 5 kids.

TBF Hendricks came up through Team Takedown. A team of investors set out to recruit high-level wreslters, and turn them into mma champions. They would provide a salary, housing, and gym in return to keep the money generated from fighting. Probably the first time a group of guys ponied up fighters training/living expenses, although at a high cost in the long-run. They recruited 5 members on the team and managed to take one of them to UFC gold in Hendricks.

He prob felt tired of paying for so long for his success and thought he could do it alone.

Fun fact: I fought one of Team Takedowns members in my pro debut. He made it to WEC and UFC.

Usually they're in decline before they change, and just can't admit that they've lost a step so they must just need a change of scenery.

Basically everyone who started training at Blackzilians started to decline to a certain degree. Wouldn't blame the camp for most of the guy's decline though, a lot of them were far past their prime.

Travis Browne.. The trade off was probably worth it though. They now have a beautiful family.

Oh man probably the biggest flop ever. He was on the verge of being a title contender if not already in title talks (he was for us Hawaiians) then it's like he just couldn't fight anymore. Needless to say the move from alliance for to glendale did not work out

Thanks for reminding me of that good sir

I'll start, RDA after leaving kings didn't seem like the high pressure/volume threat he was before.
After he left kings he did not have guys who weren't looking out for him.

And even as an undersized welter he has taken on

Edwards
Lee
Usman
Covington
Lawler
Magney
Saffiedine
and has not been blown out by any of them despite being undersized - usman for example resorted to mostly wall -n-stall, ditto cuddleton and edwards.

Not a camp per se, but BJ Penn was less motivated after parting with Marv Marinovich
That was basically Penn's problem - not wanting to put in the proper s & c fight after fight. We saw how good he was and could have been for 2 fights then he got lazy, started doing his camps back in Hilo and then wanting to tone down the S & C that Marv had him doing.

Joanna was a destroyer before she came to ATT
You are half right.

Joanna's camp prior to ATT did a lot more to control her. She had little to say about her development or how she fought in the cage. It's why she said that once she moved to ATT it was like a bird being let out of the cage.

Understand that her move was not a choice at that point. She could no longer train at her original gym due to drama. Not that she was happy to start with. Took her a long time before she could find a gym that allowed her to train in Poland again but only part time. This won't change and is a reason why you won't see her fight for a very long time. She is stuck with ATT. There are too many affiliated gyms with criminal underpinnings in Poland.

They didn't exactly treat her properly at other gyms apart from JW (yup she tried them out) and her previous Polish coach had not only openly criticized her on TV but even coached KK in her fight with Joanna who just had 6 weeks to prep for that fight. Remember they controlled everything she did. It's what gave KK the confidence to try and take JJ's head off.

The actual reason Joanna lost her edge was due to multiple hand breaks, diet, S&C and bad weight cuts largely due to her diet. She broke her hand during her first title defense and again broke it during the 2nd. While some fighters can get surgery and recover she never did and said herself that it's more important for her to be able to hold her child once she has one. Read between the lines.

Despite the fact that some of her opponents have been her size or larger she has easily had one of the worst consistent cuts to 115lb in the division and as a consequence her agility/athletic prime vanished within two fights. Go back and watch her fight vs Lima and the first Claudia fight then watch her fight vs Carla and the others. She very rapidly degraded. It's why I always said Rose didn't so much beat her as put her out of her misery. Even Rose's coaches admitted that the Joanna that fought at 115 for her first few fights was not a fighter they wanted Rose to face.

Rockhold leaving AKA was a weird one. He is 0-2 since working with Hooft if I am correct.

Honestly in his case I think he just lacks the natural ability to become a great kickboxer, he'd do better to become a GSP like fighter and work on kicking from the outside them timing shots when people try and close the distance.

Alot of older names I suspect switching camp represents a point were they don't have the same motivation anymore, moving to a training environment that needs less work.

When did fedor change camps? Did that coincide with his devolving into a headhunter?

He was with a coach and they had disputes coming into the Corey Anderson fight. He switched to some gym in Russia (I was following his Instagram) and then went to Tristar and now in SBG.
I guess that Blue Label has hung around with all around the world to avoid USADA

Melvin Guillard deserves a mention. What's sad is after his Blackzillian's stint, he planned on going back to Jackson's but he was not welcomed anymore. It's all downhill from there for him

Back