Fighters that got flash KO'd but still won?

hendo flash ko'd bisping 2 or 3 times in the rematch when he was 46

Flash KOs happen, you can be knocked out for a second and wake up before you hit the ground or before ref notices. Happened to Gaethje in the MJ fight when his legs gave out from an uppercut.

I don't agree with that definition simply on the basis that it's a judgement call the referee has to make. There's no such thing as a flash KO, there's being hurt and coming back to win it or being knocked out. Gaethje was hurt but not out. If he was out the ref would have stopped it.

I don't agree with that definition simply on the basis that it's a judgement call the referee has to make. There's no such thing as a flash KO, there's being hurt and coming back to win it or being knocked out. Gaethje was hurt but not out. If he was out the ref would have stopped it.

Refs don't always stop fights when someone goes out, that's kind of the whole point of the phrase flash KO, when someone gets KOed but wakes up almost immediately.

Yes and no, flash KOs don't necessarily end fights but if someone clearly got KOed and doens't wake up instantly the fight is over.
Flash KO's don't exist. It's the degree or point to which a fighter is hurt. The assessment of the referee is down to his judgement of the situation and in some cases the referee will stop the fight.

Refs don't always stop fights when someone goes out, that's kind of the whole point of the phrase flash KO, when someone gets KOed but wakes up almost immediately.

If you lose consciousness, you wake up to the other fighter getting his hand raised.

Flash KO's don't exist. It's the degree or point to which a fighter is hurt. The assessment of the referee is down to his judgement of the situation and in some cases the referee will stop the fight.

Lol, you're one of those guys. Here's your meme.
rp52ych.jpg

I swear Tony Ferguson is KO'd in every fight but he regains consciousness before he even hits the mat.
His knocked-down-to-win ratio must be the highest in the sport.
The guy reboots faster than Linux.

I like how unconscious people can still put their hands up, defend against strikes and get up from under someone bigger and stronger than them.
I think Overeem was flash ko'd by Ngannou too. He was just about to get up to his feet when the ref jumped on him and held him down. Oh well.

I like how unconscious people can still put their hands up, defend against strikes and get up from under someone bigger and stronger than them.
I think Overeem was flash ko'd by Ngannou too. He was just about to get up to his feet when the ref jumped on him and held him down. Oh well.

He wakes up during the fall, you can see it(well not you, but you as in a person with decent eye sight).

He didn't just decide to start falling face first with his arms down, he got KOed and woke up while falling.

He wakes up during the fall, you can see it(well not you, but you as in a person with decent eye sight).

He didn't just decide to start falling face first with his arms down, he got KOed and woke up while falling.

Let me get this straight. You believe he was knocked out and regained consciousness in like a second? As he was falling down?

Let me get this straight. You believe he was knocked out and regained consciousness in like a second? As he was falling down?

You mean the definition of Flash KO? Yes, I believe he was flash KOed. WTF is wrong with you. Flash KO is a super common and well understood phrase to almost everyone that follows MMA.

Back