Fighters that get stronger with every round

Weird that you included Whitaker and Costa there, considering he lost
why is that? did he not win the later rounds? what does him winning the fights have to do with the statement being purposed?

Oh and P.S He beat whittaker.

Pretty sure Shogun is undefeated in championship rounds

Dillashaw with his fight IQ, versatility, and excellent corner advice make a great combination.

GSP honestly just dominated just about every round he was in, but he had the same situation going on as TJ.

Lawler seemed to have a tendency to coast for a while before going balls out in the last rounds.

Ferguson as mentioned is slow to start, but once he picks up his rhythm he's just a whole can of worms to deal with.

There are some guys that can finish you early, but to me the scariest type of fighter is the guy that just gets tougher after you tag him a few times and the fight gets more gruelling. Here are some dudes that you better finish quickly because they get tougher to beat the deeper the fight goes.

120415-ufc-Tony-Ferguson-pi-mp.vresize.1200.675.high_.3.jpg

stipe-miocic-theplayersclubweb.jpg

Jon-Jones-11.png

Khabib.jpg

Tony and Khabib both fit the description, that fight is gonna be a war. Stipe and Jones too, that’s another fight that needs to happen.

Who else?
Kamaru Usman
641203-6e8988a9b0e959d3d51a3c0b792b9eb6.jpg

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

Khabib got stronger every round because his opponent get weaker/had their soul taken from them lol

Max Holloway

...i even think he lands both more strikes and at a higher percentage as fights goes on.
(Heard it on inside the octagon, IIRC)

I wouldn't say those guys necessarily get stronger as much as they stay consistent throughout as their opponents slow down.

Tony might be the only one that actually seems to be busier in the later rounds than the early ones. Holloway is the same.

People should watch the entire card of Ferguson vs RDA. At elevation in Mexico City. Watch how little BW's are gassing in 3 round fights at that elevation.

Then watch what Tony fucking does in rds 4 and 5. High paced fight and he turns it up and lands 100 sig strikes over the final 2 rounds.

Tony

y'all are crazy if you don't think his fight with Khabib will be close as hell. A guy with endless cardio who can't be broken is a very dangerous fight, if Khabib doesn't finish him early it's going to get very interesting, trust me.

why is that? did he not win the later rounds? what does him winning the fights have to do with the statement being purposed?

Oh and P.S He beat whittaker.
You might want to check the records. I think you'll find Whitaker beat him twice.

At most you could have argued a draw in the second fight, in no world did Yoel win either fight.

Anderson Silva should be the #1 answer here.
Not really. He was known for early finishes save for the first Sonnen fight. Second round knockout is signature Anderson. Most if not all of his UFC fights that went to decision were lackluster.

There are some guys that can finish you early, but to me the scariest type of fighter is the guy that just gets tougher after you tag him a few times and the fight gets more gruelling. Here are some dudes that you better finish quickly because they get tougher to beat the deeper the fight goes.

120415-ufc-Tony-Ferguson-pi-mp.vresize.1200.675.high_.3.jpg

stipe-miocic-theplayersclubweb.jpg

Jon-Jones-11.png

Khabib.jpg

Tony and Khabib both fit the description, that fight is gonna be a war. Stipe and Jones too, that’s another fight that needs to happen.

Who else?
You add Israel Adesanya to this list or ELSE!!! He and coach Bareman are masters at in fight adjustments and reads. The longer the fight goes the more it favors Israel. Also like someone said Max Holloway's an obvious choice.

Last edited:
I feel forest Griffin was like this. Didn't really get going until he got hurt. The more hurt he got the more viscous he became.

Back