Fighters that aren't 100 percent committed to being fighters.

Mousasi is not 100% to being a fighter.

He is also commited to having shit tons of properties, live off rent and drive cars:
CblsWjcUAAArwXJ.jpg

Training takes no more than 3 or 3.5 hours a day split in two sessions and not more than 6 days at week.

Nutrition and sleep are pretty much as important as the training itself.
That leaves 18 hours to sleep and do school.....
Cmon man this isn't difficult...

I heard Sage is a full time college student? Wtf? Dude should be training Greco Roman and BJJ full time. You're not gonna make it in the UFC long term if you're half in and half out. You gotta dedicate 100 percent to this.

I feel like PVZ has been doing the same crap with her dancing show. Ronda in Hollywood etc. Connor had to put all that shit on pause when he prepared for the 2nd Diaz fight. Spent like 350k on his training camp or something like that. 110 percent dedicated.

I feel that's why people like Miesha retire. Not because of losing. But they just aren't vested 100 percent to it. Same as Carlos Condit. Same thing.

Many thousands of college athletes manage to develop and turn pro while going to school full time.

Average college student has class 15 hrs a wk. maybe a test or two a wk. he has plenty of time to do both

No, it is not.
Here in my country we work for 9 hours to pay for our studies, then go to college 4 more hours at night. Add to that the time you spend going between places (cars are really expensive so you take the bus, metro, etc) and you dont sleep more than 5/6 hours per day for like 5 or 6 years.
Still we have top tiers engineers, doctors, etc.

Discipline is a hell of a drug.

I have kids went back to school later in life around a fulltime job to get another degree and still made it.
There is plenty of time to fight full time and go to school.

Many thousands of college athletes manage to develop and turn pro while going to school full time.
You keep thinking that when it comes to Division I schools and money making athletic programs.

No, it is not.
Here in my country we work for 9 hours to pay for our studies, then go to college 4 more hours at night. Add to that the time you spend going between places (cars are really expensive so you take the bus, metro, etc) and you dont sleep more than 5/6 hours per day for like 5 or 6 years.
Still we have top tiers engineers, doctors, etc.

Discipline is a hell of a drug.
This is why the "part time" fighter criticism that goes around sometimes is dumb, you can't train full time the way you can work a normal job.

Even if he was a full time college student that is far easier to work around compared to a full time job especially if its manual labour
College is a pretty relaxed timetable with most of your course online, only time that it will take a lot of time is studying for exams which is once or twice a year
Mark Hunt was working 10 hour shifts in construction while fighting in K1. Any 8-9 hour job plus travel is far worse than a college course

Fighting life can be paradoxical at the start
Need to train full time to be the best fighter but also need to have a job until you are better and get paid enough

Didn't Sage say on Road to the Octagon that he isn't a full time student anymore? I think he said he cut it down to only 2 classes. So he was trying to focus on fighting more. Most fighters need something to fall back on though. I'm not going to hate on him for that.

An injury could happen in UFC and then fighters are left with no income.

You guys are acting like majoring in engineering and studying for it takes the same amount of time as other majors.

No, it is more rigorous if you want to do well.

Didn't Sage say on Road to the Octagon that he isn't a full time student anymore? I think he said he cut it down to only 2 classes. So he was trying to focus on fighting more. Most fighters need something to fall back on though. I'm not going to hate on him for that.

An injury could happen in UFC and then fighters are left with no income.
Plus look at the comments above. Training "full time" is a myth, you can't train like it's a full time job or at least it wouldn't be healthy.

You keep thinking that when it comes to Division I schools and money making athletic programs.

Well, I went to college on an athletic scholarship, interned, taught and coached at the collegiate level, but I probably have no idea what I am talking about. And yes, at the D-1 level.

Well, I went to college on an athletic scholarship, interned, taught and coached at the collegiate level, but I probably have no idea what I am talking about. And yes, at the D-1 level.
Cool but with schools like UNC and their football program, you'll pardon me if I can't believe that fully. Either way, the kid needs to get into a real camp and work since that's all his competition is doing. Can't be half in half out.

I heard Sage is a full time college student? Wtf? Dude should be training Greco Roman and BJJ full time. You're not gonna make it in the UFC long term if you're half in and half out. You gotta dedicate 100 percent to this.

I feel like PVZ has been doing the same crap with her dancing show. Ronda in Hollywood etc. Connor had to put all that shit on pause when he prepared for the 2nd Diaz fight. Spent like 350k on his training camp or something like that. 110 percent dedicated.

I feel that's why people like Miesha retire. Not because of losing. But they just aren't vested 100 percent to it. Same as Carlos Condit. Same thing.
jones_jon_crying.jpg

Cool but with schools like UNC and their football program, you'll pardon me if I can't believe that fully. Either way, the kid needs to get into a real camp and work since that's all his competition is doing. Can't be half in half out.

You can not believe it all you want, the reality remains the same regardless.

Agree that he needs a good camp/

I love these arrogant and entitled sport's fan threads.

Back