Fighters that aren't 100 percent committed to being fighters.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I heard Sage is a full time college student? Wtf? Dude should be training Greco Roman and BJJ full time. You're not gonna make it in the UFC long term if you're half in and half out. You gotta dedicate 100 percent to this.

I feel like PVZ has been doing the same crap with her dancing show. Ronda in Hollywood etc. Connor had to put all that shit on pause when he prepared for the 2nd Diaz fight. Spent like 350k on his training camp or something like that. 110 percent dedicated.

I feel that's why people like Miesha retire. Not because of losing. But they just aren't vested 100 percent to it. Same as Carlos Condit. Same thing.

The DAMN GOAT poster, GUERNICA is in the DAMN here! In my GOAT opinion, I think that there is no place for part time fighters in the UFC! This sport is way too dangerous to just sorta do it. And I don't feel bad when these part time fighters get their asses kicked.

#GUERNICAbless

A lot of fighters aren't paid enough to fight full time. Calderwood, Reneau, DJ earlier in his career are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Isn't stipe still a firefighter?

A lot of fighters have/should've secondary jobs until they make real money

The DAMN GOAT poster, GUERNICA is in the DAMN here! In my GOAT opinion, I think that there is no place for part time fighters in the UFC! This sport is way too dangerous to just sorta do it. And I don't feel bad when these part time fighters get their asses kicked.

#GUERNICAbless
Oh boy..............Guernica is here. All we are missing is Macalpinerules and we will have a full house.

Isn't stipe still a firefighter?

A lot of fighters have/should've secondary jobs until they make real money
He's no where near full time in his firefighter job. That's ok. But a full time student? Takes too much time. Especially when he doesn't have years of experience backing him up like a Werdum Week or Barnett. He needs to be in the gym learning.

Maybe they don't care enough about MMA. Maybe they don't care if they are ever champion or not

Miesha and Condit may not be fully committed at the end but they were for a decade. They worked their ways up and now have the option to live comfortably without grueling training camps and being physically assaulted. I'd say they have done alright

Miesha and Condit may not be fully committed at the end but they were for a decade. They worked their ways up and now have the option to live comfortably without grueling training camps and being physically assaulted. I'd say they have done alright

I was going to say this. After so many wars its natural to take it easy towards the end.

I was going to say this. After so many wars its natural to take it easy towards the end.
I agree with that. That's why they called it quits. Because they are no longer 100 percent invested in MMA. They wanna live the good life. But who knows.

I feel that's why people like Miesha retire. Not because of losing. But they just aren't vested 100 percent to it. Same as Carlos Condit. Same thing.
What? Those are former champions with 20+ fights who are mentally and maybe physically slipping, a lot different FFS.

At this point Sage should probably stay in school, I mean he has gotten his ass kicked a couple of times.

Making a living as an engineer is much more pleasant than getting your ass kicked for a living. Right now Sage just does not have the skills to fight at the top level.

When he finishes school he will still only be 22-24 and he will have the security of a degree and in that time he will have been able to work on his grappling.

At this point Sage should probably stay in school, I mean he has gotten his ass kicked a couple of times.

Making a living as an engineer is much more pleasant than getting your ass kicked for a living. Right now Sage just does not have the skills to fight at the top level.

When he finishes school he will still only be 22-24 and he will have the security of a degree and in that time he will have been able to work on his grappling.

Or he could go into MMA full-time and then pursue a degree later like so many people 40 and over are doing these days.

The problem is, when you go your whole life without anyone telling you no, you tend to think you can literally succeed at anything you try. Which leads you to try pretty much everything. Which leads to you not really being that great at anything.

I heard Sage is a full time college student? Wtf? Dude should be training Greco Roman and BJJ full time. You're not gonna make it in the UFC long term if you're half in and half out. You gotta dedicate 100 percent to this.

I feel like PVZ has been doing the same crap with her dancing show. Ronda in Hollywood etc. Connor had to put all that shit on pause when he prepared for the 2nd Diaz fight. Spent like 350k on his training camp or something like that. 110 percent dedicated.

How long do you need to train everyday? How long can you train everyday?
How long does full time college take each day?
Seriously?!

Didnt Sage left college to be a full time fighter?
Guess that did not worked good for him.

Well they are smart enough to have more than one source of income.

How long do you need to train everyday? How long can you train everyday?
How long does full time college take each day?
Seriously?!
Training takes no more than 3 or 3.5 hours a day split in two sessions and not more than 6 days at week.

Nutrition and sleep are pretty much as important as the training itself.

Back