Fighters that are tricky matchups for the champ, but not good enough to go through the ranks

Conor ( at the moment before his last fight) and Justin would both take Oliviera, but they wont/didn't get past Dustin.

FW: Aldo is a tough matchup for Sterling imo, but i don't have enough trust in his cardio to beat the rest of the contenders.

MW: Hall/Till. Mainly because Izzy doesn't like to lead, and these fighters are good in games of tag. I doubt they will ever see a titleshot though.

As far as MW goes i think Kevin holland has a better chance against isreal than guys like hermanson, vettori or brunson

FW: Aldo is a tough matchup for Sterling imo, but i don't have enough trust in his cardio to beat the rest of the contenders.

MW: Hall/Till. Mainly because Izzy doesn't like to lead, and these fighters are good in games of tag. I doubt they will ever see a titleshot though.
STERLING IS NOT THE CHAMP

As far as MW goes i think Kevin holland has a better chance against isreal than guys like hermanson, vettori or brunson
so you think holland can win a kickboxing match against izzy?
because thats what it will be when they fight

Back in the day, I thought a pre banned Palhares was the only welterweight with a chance to beat GSP. But I don’t think he could have made it there even without his issue

Same fold, Ryan Hall would be worrisome to Volkanoski
As much as I dislike Volkanovski I think he would pummel Hall worse than that last fella did.

I don't think it comes down to people not being good enough. But being able to handle the pressure of being at the top, so they often just choke.

I have a feeling KZ would uppercut Volk into space, but he won't get past Ortega, Zabit, and Holloway
The KZ that got picked apart in the stand up by Ortega? You think he'd beat Volk?
tenor.gif

Till very well may fight Adesanya someday, because it's a fight Izzy wants.

That said, Till got outstruck by Whittaker who got sparked by Adessnya. Adesanya beats Till by dominant decision in a staring contest.
Things are not so simple.
Israel fought tooth and nail with gastelum and kelvin barely landed a shot on Till.
Styles make fights as the old cliche goes

Till beating Brunson and then beating the Kelvin/Jared winner is super plausible for Till imo.

Thiago Marreta has beat the champ, and IMO could do it again.
But I don’t see him having consistent longevity up the ranks again.

Forgot he was matched up with Brunson. A win there may be enough.
Possibly, with Israel's constant mentioning of wanting to fight Till. If Israel beats Whittaker I can speculate that the Kelvin/Jared winner will face the Brunson/Till winner to see who is the definitive number 1 contender. Till/Kelvin and Jared winning their respective upcoming fights only puts them on a 1 fight win streak. I can see the winners being paired with each other while Brunson being the only one of the 4 on a decent streak.

Back