Fighters that are considered boring that you love to watch?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I am a boxing fan first. I've followed MMA since 2010 (because of the video game) and got hooked since. I don't have a problem with the groundgame, but i don't understand everything that goes on down there. Therefore, i find Maia pretty boring when he's not submitting dudes, but i f*cking loved it when he layed on Fitch's back for 15 minutes. I am a Maia fan.

Other fighters that are considered boring that you love to watch?

Last edited:
Ben Askren. His fights are hilarious. He kept trying to throw kicks and falling over in his last one.

There are no such things as boring fighters, boring is subjective to the viewer...

If I find someone boring than I personally don't like watching them

Fighters "considered" boring I love to watch... Probably Dominick Cruz

Apparently my man DC is boring. I think he's incredible, though

I like all styles be it defensive footwork, solid Jit even good wrestling. What I cant stand is excessive stalling and feeling out that never produces anything.

I think GSP deserves a mention too. Most called him boring, but he was so good at what he did so i wasn't bored.

There are no such things as boring fighters, boring is subjective to the viewer...

If I find someone boring than I personally don't like watching them

Fighters "considered" boring I love to watch... Probably Dominick Cruz
Actualy, you are right. Im changing the title.

Edit: I think we can all agree that Kamaru Usman is one dull fighter tho.

I've heard people identify Maia and Cruz as boring, personally, I love watching those two guys fight and win.

I've got a curveball: Jon Jones. Some of his fights weren't thrilling (vs. Rashad Evans, vs. Glover Texeira... ), but I always appreciated watching him work nonetheless.

Some of the TUF fights...where all this hype is built

Then the fighters put forth lackluster performances

Diego vs Leben from TUF 1 was the perfect example of this

Some of the TUF fights...where all this hype is built

Then the fighters put forth lackluster performances

Diego vs Leben from TUF 1 was the perfect example of this
How was that fight? I had no idea they went at it... Must've been alot of blood in that one?

Phil Davis, King Mo, Mighty Mouse, Joe Warren, Will Brooks, Jorge Masvidal (He's considered boring by some), Darren Elkins. Basically, a whole lot of wrestlers. Love me some Usman too.

Anyone who managed to sit through a Jared Rosholt fight disagrees.
He is the only fighter I have ever found to be consistently boring. No matter who he fights, it ends up being a really boring affair. Except for his fight with Oleinik.

I've started to appreciate Jake Shields more and more, especially with him being active in the sub grappling scene

Fighters that others think are boring, but I disagree:

GSP
Lyoto Machida
Ben Askren
Mighty Mouse
Demian Maia (alright, I agree his last fight was pretty dull)

Fighter who others think is boring, I agree, but still love to watch:

Yushin Okami

Well, I use to love to watch him. But now he is in WSOF and I never watch that for some reason.

Back