Fighters should never do that Frank Mir liquid protein diet only

I dare @TidWell to only drink hot sauce and eat refried beans for 3 days.
Don't dare me because I might just try it, I try crazy things, I used to take supplements in my teens and early 20s but they caused a lot of sides.

I even tried that GOMAD for 3 months all milk diet made my skin greasy, with cystic acne but I put on over 25 pounds and had stretchmarks I did it with compound lifts routine.

literally nothing but milk for 3 months? dang

random thought: sometime i feel like vitamins and minerals are overrated. i know we need vitamin C or else get the scurvy, but are there many other vitamins where you get a disease if you never consume it? looking for bro science answers only haha

Ha is that the diet he said he had post ufc 100? The guy went from around 245 to cutting weight to hw in like a year and wasn't a fatass either. I believe he said it was all from whey protein and creatine

~DaViD~

Yeah I think he did it only for one fight, he said something like the majority of his diet was whey shakes or something for this camp, maybe he had one solid meal, but he claimed it made him feel lighter and less sluggish he claimed eating a lot of solids or meats made him sluggish and that the whey and Meal replacements made him feel much lighter in training so he could move better or something.

literally nothing but milk for 3 months? dang

random thought: sometime i feel like vitamins and minerals are overrated. i know we need vitamin C or else get the scurvy, but are there many other vitamins where you get a disease if you never consume it? looking for bro science answers only haha

Yeah I had one solid meal a day but I would drink Milk, its why I was thinking of trying this all whey diet of frank mir, but that didn't sit well with me, the Milk diet didn't bother me like this, maybe some chemicals in the protein powder irritated my intestines?

The GOMAD is not healthy though shit will bring up your cholesterol, make you bloated looking and give you greasy skin thats why they say only do it for 3 months its basically for bulking. It works though especially if you aint lactose intolerant. you have to drink WHOLE milk not lowfat. you can add Ovaltine or Chocolate powder too, but you HAVE to work out do mostly stuff like bench press, squats, pull ups, bentover rows, etc.

Vitamin and minerals are necessity

but vitamin pills and supplements are overrated, just get your vitamins from whole foods, most of the shit over the counter just contain filler and most lost its potency they did studies on consumer science that many of the multi vitamins dont even contain 50 percent potency or some dont even contain the key ingredients advertised many had fillers like rice powder, and tapioca powder.

Yeah I had one solid meal a day but I would drink Milk, its why I was thinking of trying this all whey diet of frank mir, but that didn't sit well with me, the Milk diet didn't bother me like this, maybe some chemicals in the protein powder irritated my intestines?

The GOMAD is not healthy though shit will bring up your cholesterol, make you bloated looking and give you greasy skin thats why they say only do it for 3 months its basically for bulking. It works though especially if you aint lactose intolerant. you have to drink WHOLE milk not lowfat. you can add Ovaltine or Chocolate powder too, but you HAVE to work out do mostly stuff like bench press, squats, pull ups, bentover rows, etc.

Vitamin and minerals are necessity

but vitamin pills and supplements are overrated, just get your vitamins from whole foods, most of the shit over the counter just contain filler and most lost its potency they did studies on consumer science that many of the multi vitamins dont even contain 50 percent potency or some dont even contain the key ingredients advertised many had fillers like rice powder, and tapioca powder.

agreed, yeah pills/supplements not being regulated by FDA seems like a bad situation, like the old snake oil days. at best, stuff filled with rice powder like you said. at worst, who knows whats in it. but i do eat a decent amount of broccoli, sweet potatoes, etc. i'm not munching on gummy worms shaking my fist at vitamins haha

i know a pro rugby player who did a very similar diet, of "shakes only", and he went from 6'4 275lbs to 6'4 245lbs in a few months and was completely ripped.

i don't know if his playing was any better, but he went from looking like a hulking monster to looking like a Spartan extra for 300.

agreed, yeah pills/supplements not being regulated by FDA seems like a bad situation, like the old snake oil days. at best, stuff filled with rice powder like you said. at worst, who knows whats in it. but i do eat a decent amount of broccoli, sweet potatoes, etc. i'm not munching on gummy worms shaking my fist at vitamins haha
Watch this anyone can make a supplement even in their garage just put propriety blend on it and put a nice label.

There was a couple news articles showing that some chain brands like GNC, walmart, etc had supplemental herbs that didn't contain the actual herb, one of them I think was St JohnWort and when the lab did a test it contained a common house plant no st johns wort

the supplement industry is unregulated and the wild west, but a lot of science back studies using legit potency of certain herbs or supps are legit the problem is the stuff on the market is so watered down you are not going to get any health benefits to help with certain ailments because they water it down to make more money, by adding filler, why would you put pure ingredient powder and not have much left the key is to make as much money as possible, supp companies would have to jack up the price and if its too expensive they dont make money if they lower the price point more people will buy it so they water it down to save money and make a profit.

I also read that 50 to 60 percent potency of an ingredient is considered the best right now, thats still low because the shelf life of these supplements wear off slowly, heat, and stuff also, so the potency gets lower

Ashwaghanda for example the best one on the market is only 60 percent of the ingredient when tested some of them only contain 30 percent.

This why people will buy their supps from a bulk supplier so they get the pure stuff.

I remember Frank Mir said for one fight he was on nothing but whey protein and meal replacement shakes.

I decided to try it out and did it for three days I would drink one ensure drink for breakfast a whey shake for lunch a whey for post workout and a meal replacement shake before bed, but I wasnt taking a dump, and my stomach kept grumbling I finally cave in and eat some solid foods, a few moments later i start cramping up and run to the restroom and have diarrhea, everytime i ate something solid id have to go to the restroom, it took about three before my stools formed again and no longer had liquid shits or cramping

Where do fighters come up with these diets?

most of my diet is of from a blender...remember, it makes no difference, whether what you eat is in the form of solids or liquids...it all goes down the same way and is digested...the only thing might be, the lack of fiber in the protein shakes..gotta make sure to get enough fiber...but a calorie is a calorie and protein is protein, whether it's from a steak or a protein whey shake..the whey shake is actually better more available protein than the steak.

I remember Frank Mir said for one fight he was on nothing but whey protein and meal replacement shakes.

I decided to try it out and did it for three days I would drink one ensure drink for breakfast a whey shake for lunch a whey for post workout and a meal replacement shake before bed, but I wasnt taking a dump, and my stomach kept grumbling I finally cave in and eat some solid foods, a few moments later i start cramping up and run to the restroom and have diarrhea, everytime i ate something solid id have to go to the restroom, it took about three before my stools formed again and no longer had liquid shits or cramping

Where do fighters come up with these diets?

LMAO

most of my diet is of from a blender...remember, it makes no difference, whether what you eat is in the form of solids or liquids...it all goes down the same way and is digested...the only thing might be, the lack of fiber in the protein shakes..gotta make sure to get enough fiber...but a calorie is a calorie and protein is protein, whether it's from a steak or a protein whey shake..the whey shake is actually better more available protein than the steak.
when you say from a blender are you drinking protein shakes or just juicing and putting whole fruits and veggies?

Because if you are doing whole fruits and veggies you are still getting the fiber in and won't be cramping up its filling

with pure liquid you are getting nothing, its just liquid so your stomach starts moving around in there and pulsating its used to having food to break down, so im guessing thats why I was getting gas and cramping up

I remember watching the show survivor and they warned the contestants not to pig out when they go to ponderosa because their stomach is not used to the food, a couple of them ate and they got bad cramps and would rush to the restroom for a few days they had nothing but liquid shit but the third day they were okay

they went 30 days basically without a solid meal just white rice and some beans if lucky once a day some days no meal just a small handful of rice once a day.

Don't laugh until you try it

LOL you already warned against it. I'm definitely not going to try it. Sounds like a crash diet for cutting weight in a very unhealthy way.

What about tainted Kangaroo meat?

Whey protein has very little in it besides protein and amino acids (depending on the brand). It even states that it is not to be used as meal replacement.

If your body thrives well on low carb diets and you want to lean up more, it can be used in that capacity, but it isn't for everyone.

Watch this anyone can make a supplement even in their garage just put propriety blend on it and put a nice label.

There was a couple news articles showing that some chain brands like GNC, walmart, etc had supplemental herbs that didn't contain the actual herb, one of them I think was St JohnWort and when the lab did a test it contained a common house plant no st johns wort

the supplement industry is unregulated and the wild west, but a lot of science back studies using legit potency of certain herbs or supps are legit the problem is the stuff on the market is so watered down you are not going to get any health benefits to help with certain ailments because they water it down to make more money, by adding filler, why would you put pure ingredient powder and not have much left the key is to make as much money as possible, supp companies would have to jack up the price and if its too expensive they dont make money if they lower the price point more people will buy it so they water it down to save money and make a profit.

I also read that 50 to 60 percent potency of an ingredient is considered the best right now, thats still low because the shelf life of these supplements wear off slowly, heat, and stuff also, so the potency gets lower

Ashwaghanda for example the best one on the market is only 60 percent of the ingredient when tested some of them only contain 30 percent.

This why people will buy their supps from a bulk supplier so they get the pure stuff.

On thing I like about living in the country now is all the wild herbs and ediblea. I got st John's wort all over my property. Throw it in some tea sometimes. Sometimes I'll go out and just graze my land lol, eating a bunch of different good greens.

when you say from a blender are you drinking protein shakes or just juicing and putting whole fruits and veggies?

Because if you are doing whole fruits and veggies you are still getting the fiber in and won't be cramping up its filling

with pure liquid you are getting nothing, its just liquid so your stomach starts moving around in there and pulsating its used to having food to break down, so im guessing thats why I was getting gas and cramping up

I remember watching the show survivor and they warned the contestants not to pig out when they go to ponderosa because their stomach is not used to the food, a couple of them ate and they got bad cramps and would rush to the restroom for a few days they had nothing but liquid shit but the third day they were okay

they went 30 days basically without a solid meal just white rice and some beans if lucky once a day some days no meal just a small handful of rice once a day.

I kinda mix it up...i have 3-4 shakes, but also whole meals..lots of oatmeal..and the protein powder I use, also has alot of oatmeal in it, with also sweet potato powder...and they used whole food protein sources...beef protein, fish, egg, etc...it's called MRE. plus i add my own fiber...

A girl on my beer league softball team did an all liquid diet for a month. I don’t even want to think about the repercussions of that.

I have a boost for breakfast and ensure for dessert. Somebody orders pancakes, i just sip the syzzurp.

On thing I like about living in the country now is all the wild herbs and ediblea. I got st John's wort all over my property. Throw it in some tea sometimes. Sometimes I'll go out and just graze my land lol, eating a bunch of different good greens.

A lot of those herbs have scientific backing and studies, you are lucky to have the LEGIT plants on your property or in your area, the stuff they sell in stories are so waterdown and tainted you will never to get the health or cure benefit from them its sad, all for money they put it with fillers and get away with it.

This guy is pretty interesting he does urban foraging and finds different plants to eat in the City so imagine what you can find in the country side but you have to really know what you picking some plants can be poison like some night shades also dont fuck with Shrooms some Mexican farm workers died their kidneys and liver shut down in 24 hours from eating wild mushroom

Back