Fighters Left that can beat jon jones

bt

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Im going to start by saying Jones is right now almost unbeatable. But i think there are a couple fighters out there that could beat him.
1. Alexander Gustafsson. what needs to be said he gave bones a war the first time around and has the size and tools to beat him.
2. Cain Velasquez. The plan cormier had against Jones was good but imagine Jones vs Velasquez. It would be pretty much the same fight with cain pushing the pace but cain would not get tired like cormier.
3.Fabricio Werdum. His ground game will probally make jones think twice about wrestling him. Will be a stand up war.
4.Chris Weidman. This would be a good superfight. Weidmans wrestling and standup improves every fight.
These are the only fighters i can see that can beat Jon Jones. Please comment about my list and come up with your own list of fighters that could beat Jones.

Why bother including heavyweights? Only fighters in his weight class that can possibly beat him are the ones with crazy power like Rumble.

Gus. Give DC another chance.

Well lot's maybe "COULD" but it has a question of their odds.

Gus is the only person in the division with a greater than 30% chance IMO.

I'd love to see weidman vs jones though.

Only fighter at LHW is Gus Period. I can't see anyone else touching Jones.

Also probably less emotional DC.

At lhw Gus and Rumble have a shot. By having, Gus fight Rumble the UFC clears the deck of one threat. I'm crossing my fingers but Gus is one shot away from losing to Rumble.

I think Bones beats Cain. I knew he was going to beat DC. Gustafsson is still his biggest challenge in the UFC and a fight I'm not sure Bones can win.

The only other guys that would trouble Bones are big HW's. If the 265lb limit was lifted a guy like Brock or even Bigfoot could potentially make it a battle. Jones has admitted this as well.

Right now it looks like gus or rumble
JBJ isntmoving up to HW

He may be the first mma artist to never definitively lose a match

Time will tell

I'd like to see rematches against Gus, DC, and Machida. Possibly, in a 3 on 1 match

I don't think Werdum should be on that list. His BJJ works well against fighters who are careless. Jones is going to have a good plan of wrestling, striking and offensive clinch. Overeem, Nelson, Browne and even Hunt did not get submitted while followed Werdum to the ground at times. Fedor did not respect his game and Nog falsely believed he has equivalent BJJ skills.

I hope Gus gets past rumble so you poor kids who think he wont be destroyed in a rematch can stfu

Im going to start by saying Jones is right now almost unbeatable. But i think there are a couple fighters out there that could beat him.
1. Alexander Gustafsson. what needs to be said he gave bones a war the first time around and has the size and tools to beat him.
2. Cain Velasquez. The plan cormier had against Jones was good but imagine Jones vs Velasquez. It would be pretty much the same fight with cain pushing the pace but cain would not get tired like cormier.
3.Fabricio Werdum. His ground game will probally make jones think twice about wrestling him. Will be a stand up war.
4.Chris Weidman. This would be a good superfight. Weidmans wrestling and standup improves every fight.
These are the only fighters i can see that can beat Jon Jones. Please comment about my list and come up with your own list of fighters that could beat Jones.

Cain if he can hold him down and keep him there. And I dunno about that anymore.

Cormier to me is still the next best bet.

Alex and AJ have a punchers chance but I think he crushes them both at this point. I think Jones V Gus 2 will look like Shogun V Jones. Yeah I said it.

Werdum could pull a sub out his ass but he isn't fast enough to catch Jones. Jones wins via TKO R4

Weidman has no chance in fuck. Too small and not good enough anywhere.

Jones will be GOAT if he wins his next fight at LHW then goes and beats Cain. Could happen. Dude is 22-0. (he whooped Hamill's ass dgaf bout the DQ)

No disrespect to anyone mentioned

Gus and only Gus.

We saw Saturday that you can be the best wrestler in MMA and you still aren't going to beat Jones. The reach is too long and Jones himself can match the top wrestlers with his defense and offense.

The only way to beat Jones is to be as young, as tall, have a long reach and be as well rounded and athletic as he is. Gus is the only guy that fits the bill and he would still need a perfect performance to pull it off.

Rumble has absolutely nothing for Jones barring a lucky KO.

Back