Fighters failing post fight drug tests and reporting

Really? You wanna play that card. So if you get into an altercation with someone which you started and since the person is kicking your ass you can pull out a gun and blow them away under the stand your ground law in FLA, does that make it okay.

You're a pathetic piece of trash to use slavery as an example just to make your point valid.

Why does your logic not hold true with slavery? It's called a counter example, and it's a perfectly good one. Your position is that marijuana is wrong simply because it is against the law or the AC rules. People are saying that the law/rule is not reasonable, not denying its existence!

Look around you, the country is already moving towards legalization of marijuana! Is it somehow becoming less "wrong" because of the magical properties of the law or has the essential nature of the substance changed in some magical way that only you can explain? Which the fuck is it? Neither! The law doesn't determine right and wrong! If the law is out of keeping with what is right, then it needs to be changed and we change laws all the time!

Answer me this, is marijuana a banned substance in the UFC? I'll answer it for you, yes it is. Deal with it. Grow a pair and be a man and deal with. Stop making up BS scenerios just to make yourself seem correct. I swear, you have the rational of a teenager, let's hope that you're actually one and not an adult for your children's sake.

Everyone knows it is a banned subject and no one denies it, so why ask?

I'm not making up a BS scenario. I brought up a very real scenario. You just feel incensed because your attitude is the sort of thing that justified immoral shit throughout history and you don't like seeing it. It doesn't matter if marijuana is less serious than slavery; the principle remains the same. The idea that that which is illegal is always wrong is retarded and you should know better.

Really? You wanna play that card. So if you get into an altercation with someone which you started and since the person is kicking your ass you can pull out a gun and blow them away under the stand your ground law in FLA, does that make it okay.

And I don't know why you are bringing up this example; it goes to my point. If that is wrong, than it is wrong, no matter what the law says. Get it? Just because something is lawful or unlawful, you don't get to just consider it right or wrong, on that basis. Sometimes the law is wrong, or sometimes it doesn't cover all possibilities. Which again, is why the law is designed to be changed. Or don't you agree with changing laws? I guess Congress should just be dissolved?

Who gives a shit if someone smokes weed? It blows my mind that the commission is even wasting people's time with this nonsense.

Why does your logic not hold true with slavery? It's called a counter example, and it's a perfectly good one. Your position is that marijuana is wrong simply because it is against the law or the AC rules. People are saying that the law/rule is not reasonable, not denying its existence!

Look around you, the country is already moving towards legalization of marijuana! Is it somehow becoming less "wrong" because of the magical properties of the law or has the essential nature of the substance changed in some magical way that only you can explain? Which the fuck is it? Neither! The law doesn't determine right and wrong! If the law is out of keeping with what is right, then it needs to be changed and we change laws all the time!

Exactly man! Look at the Jim Crow laws era. It was a total injustice to humanity, and yet there were laws on the book that segregated public schools, public places, public transportation, the segregation of restrooms, restaurants, and even drinking fountains!

The people arguing that people who are caught testing positive for marijuana "should know better," are the same retards who said that black people who get arrested for drinking from a white water fountain "should know better" too.

What makes this issue even more convoluted is that many people use marijuana because it helps them in a number of different ways. People don't just smoke weed for kicks, some people actually use it as medicine, and the idea of denying someone essential medicine for no good reason is dumb.

So this whole issue creates a situation where some fighters have to decide between giving up a medicine that is essential to their well being, or to continue taking it risking getting caught by the commission. Obviously these fighters who do that are not stupid, or just being juvenile, rather, they just don't have any other recourse of action to take.

I think people who get caught feel like they can time themselves off of it, but because marijuana is tricky and doesn't have a specific half life, its complicated.

It's a joke that it's still illegal, people literally claimed it turned you insane to get it criminalised. Patently false and all around bs. I don't believe in any forms of prohibition though. America is supposed to be the land of the free, yet they can decide which plants you can and can't smoke? What the fuck...

While i feel weed should be legal and also feel professional athletes should be allowed to use whatever supplement their doctors believe beneficial to their health and recovery it is currently against the rules of the NSAC. As an athlete you have a choice as to who you want to work for. If you choose to fight under the NSAC then you obligated yourself to follow their rules.

Now some people want to make this a "weed" issue but the reality is it is not. Many prescription non performance enhancing drugs are banned as well. I remember Mike Tyson said he acted so crazy leading up to a fight because he had to go off his meds for deppression. Tyson also recieved a no contest for weed.

Who gives a shit if someone smokes weed? It blows my mind that the commission is even wasting people's time with this nonsense.

as far as I was aware, they test for recreational drugs to make sure someone wasn't fighting intoxicated. weed just happens to show up on the test a lot longer.

And I don't know why you are bringing up this example; it goes to my point. If that is wrong, than it is wrong, no matter what the law says. Get it? Just because something is lawful or unlawful, you don't get to just consider it right or wrong, on that basis. Sometimes the law is wrong, or sometimes it doesn't cover all possibilities. Which again, is why the law is designed to be changed. Or don't you agree with changing laws? I guess Congress should just be dissolved?
Comparing slavery and marijuana use. I done seen it all, I'm ready to walk the earth. I concede defeat. You win. The weed has already done it's damage to you.

sorry nick Diaz we're gonna have to overturn your submission win to NC due to smoking some of that heefer like a week or so before the fight had no direct implications in the fight but still man

so dumb

If you can't see the difference between being busted for steroids v. getting busted for marijuana use, there's something seriously wrong with you.

One give you a distinct advantage in the cage, helps with endurance, muscle growth, weight-loss; the other is something you smoked 3 weeks ago to relax you after a day of training.

If people get caught using steroids people think they're an idiot and a cheater; if someone gets caught with metabolite in their system, they're an idiot who is being punished due to an archaic law.

Comparing slavery and marijuana use. I done seen it all, I'm ready to walk the earth. I concede defeat. You win. The weed has already done it's damage to you.

People like you are a huge bummer.

No one buys your pseudo-righteous act, and no one cares if fighters smoke outside of athletic commissions. Its not a PED. Its less harmful to your long term health than both cigs and alcohol.

That's why no noise gets made when someone is busted for it these days, the media has realized its a non issue now. Odds are it will be totally legal federally in the next quarter century, and is already legal is some form in almost half the nation.

The only people who get worked up over cannabis are people who don't understand it at all.

People like you are a huge bummer.

No one buys your pseudo-righteous act, and no one cares if fighters smoke outside of athletic commissions. Its not a PED. Its less harmful to your long term health than both cigs and alcohol.

That's why no noise gets made when someone is busted for it these days, the media has realized its a non issue now. Odds are it will be totally legal federally in the next quarter century, and is already legal is some form in almost half the nation.

The only people who get worked up over cannabis are people who don't understand it at all.
Yup, I don't understand cannabis at all. The same way you don't understand it's against the law and is still a banned substance. Yea, you got me. Oh how I feel bad for the next generation.

While I don't give a fuck about weed, it brothers me that a guy can't follow a simple rule, even though he knows he is getting testes. It's like testing positive for stupidity.

No it's not because weed is a recreational drug and legal in several states now including my own. And dozens have legal systems for getting medical marijuana.

It's used for fun/relaxing, etc. and because you can test positive a month+ after smoking you're essentially telling a fighter you never ever get to use it for your entire career. That seems like a complete invasion of privacy to me. You're telling people how to enjoy their life.

Imagine if alcohol worked the same way as it's a banned substance but it's out of your system in 24-hours or less. But, what if it lasted a month and no fighters could ever have a beer? Or a cigarette because Nicotine is on the list as well? It'd be an outrage.

I think it's ridiculous you can essentially control what recreational LEGAL (medical and Colorado and WA it's straight legal) drugs.

At least sports like Football, Basketball, etc. have an offseason.

I'm all for not having fighters fight high, but banning people for hitting the bong a month before a bout has absolutely no effect on it anymore than someone getting drunk weeks before the fight.

Yup, I don't understand cannabis at all. The same way you don't understand it's against the law and is still a banned substance. Yea, you got me. Oh how I feel bad for the next generation.

It's not against the law. In Colorado and WA it's completely legal for anyone 21+ and dozens of states have legal ways of getting medical marijuana and have for decades.

you can be in a room with guys smoking joints and fail a drug test because of it tho, also pot last in your system so much longer then everything else, they could go do blow all training camp long have 2 days off it and pass a piss test, so dumb

While I don't give a fuck about weed, it brothers me that a guy can't follow a simple rule, even though he knows he is getting testes. It's like testing positive for stupidity.

As sad as it is I have to agree with this.

I understand everyone being up in arms about it not being a PED and it shouldn't be a banned substance, etc. The fact of the matter is though, it is at present a banned substance, so if you smoke it, be prepared to face the consequences.

I am all for people fighting to get it legalized, or having the amount allowed lowered and all that, but right now, if you get caught, you face the fact it is banned. That is one thing I too can't defend. If you smoke it knowing full well you are not supposed to under the given rules you agreed upon, then it is your own fault really.

I do think the fighters should band together to change the rules, but it still doesn't change the fact right now, you can't have it in your system.

As a professional you shouldn't be using drugs that are not allowed, PED or not. Its kinda stupid smoking away a win and the extra money you get from it

Back