Fighters failing post fight drug tests and reporting

ocfighter.com

White Belt
Reaction score
Some fighters get backlash for failing drug tests and it is all over the news. Why is it some instances it is not reported or very little new. Caceres gets shafted and others like Chico Camus get no info reported. I just saw last night Camus smoked weed after his UFC on Fox 10 match (Changed to No Contest) and I never read anything in the news.
Did he even get suspended?

because lets be real, no one gives a fuck if someone smoked weed during their camp.

Neither Camus or Cacares should have got shit for it. They shouldn't even have been suspended, Weed is not a ped.

Neither Camus or Cacares should have got shit for it. They shouldn't even have been suspended, Weed is not a ped.
But it's still a BANNED SUBSTANCE. What don't you and other people don't get?

was he popped someplace that used the old rate or someplace that used the new one. getting popped for the new levels means you smoked liked day before or day of...

This is a non-response. When he says it's not a PED there's already the implication it shouldn't be a banned substance.

This is a non-response. When he says it's not a PED there's already the implication it shouldn't be a banned substance.

But it is and if you are a professional there's no excuse for getting caught using something you know 100% you're not supposed to be taking. Argue for it to be taken off the list or at least for the levels to be lowered so you can smoke it but not fight stoned. But don't bitch and moan when you know it's a banned substance, you have no one to blame but yourself. If you can't stop smoking for the sake of your career then you may have some issues you need help with.

As for the original question MMA news isn't the best and tends to focus on more well known names.

So what happens? Does UFC take the fighters win money away or penalize by giving it to the other fighter?

because lets be real, no one gives a fuck if someone smoked weed during their camp.

While I don't give a fuck about weed, it brothers me that a guy can't follow a simple rule, even though he knows he is getting testes. It's like testing positive for stupidity.

While I don't give a fuck about weed, it brothers me that a guy can't follow a simple rule, even though he knows he is getting testes. It's like testing positive for stupidity.

Same, but it's not like it puts an asterix next to someone's career

Bottom line, is it not illegal? I'm pretty sure that every fighter is aware of the rules, correct? So you're telling me that you that it doesn't seem stupid for a fighter to jeopardize his/her career over a simple rule on banned substances. It doesn't matter your stance on whether it's a PED or not, the only thing that matters is the rule and it is ILLEGAL. Get it through your heads. It's simple. Stop arguing like a rebel teenager without a cause. Deal with it.

But it shouldn't be a banned substance. Make the logical leap, bro. At least not metabolites since smoking weed last week means nothing to me fighting right now.

Bottom line, is it not illegal? I'm pretty sure that every fighter is aware of the rules, correct? So you're telling me that you that it doesn't seem stupid for a fighter to jeopardize his/her career over a simple rule on banned substances. It doesn't matter your stance on whether it's a PED or not, the only thing that matters is the rule and it is ILLEGAL. Get it through your heads. It's simple. Stop arguing like a rebel teenager without a cause. Deal with it.

Dude, you are the one arguing for the sake of arguing. People don't think it should be a banned substance or even tested for because it is not a PED. That's the point of contention. EVERY fucking PERSON agrees that it is against the rules and that you risk suspension when you take it. EVERYONE. So, your point is moot.

All of these guys are getting popped for metabolites. Meaning they last used it about a month or more prior to the testing.

These guys fight and train for a living. I'm sure they all need their moment of clarity and relaxation from time to time.

But it shouldn't be a banned substance. Make the logical leap, bro. At least not metabolites since smoking weed last week means nothing to me fighting right now.
Look, I could care less if someone smokes weed. But the law is the law. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. Weed under these laws and rules is wrong. It's banned, so unless that changes, it's wrong.

Dude, you are the one arguing for the sake of arguing. People don't think it should be a banned substance or even tested for because it is not a PED. That's the point of contention. EVERY fucking PERSON agrees that it is against the rules and that you risk suspension when you take it. EVERYONE. So, your point is moot.
Everyone agrees it is against the rules, really? You haven't done your research on the subject on the matter have you. Your point is moot. You're just trolling just to troll.

If everyone knows it's illegal and could get you banned, then why the f*ck do they still do it?

You can preach that "Oh it's not a PED blah blah blah" bullish*t. Fact is, it's illegal. Deal with it. I seriously can't believe people put their careers, income, their family in a strain over a bad habit.

Everyone agrees it is against the rules, really? You haven't done your research on the subject on the matter have you.

Who is saying that it is not against the rules? Who is making that claim?

Your point is moot.

You apparently don't know what "moot" means.

You're just trolling just to troll.

I'm trolling? Dude, you are the one that wants to argue what no one is arguing and has your panties in a twist about other people's opinions.

If everyone knows it's illegal and could get you banned, then why the f*ck do they still do it?

They don't think it will be detected. Obviously. Are you seriously laboring under the understanding that you need to actually inform fighters (or the people on this forum you are railing against) that ACs test for metabolites and that marijuana is a banned substance?

You can preach that "Oh it's not a PED blah blah blah" bullish*t. Fact is, it's illegal. Deal with it. I seriously can't believe people put their careers, income, their family in a strain over a bad habit.

Well, people have different priorities and different evaluations of risk than you. Deal with it. Whether they are stupid for doing it is beside the point, though. You are jumping all over people who think that them being punished for something shouldn't happen, who think it should not be illegal.

Look, I could care less if someone smokes weed. But the law is the law. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. Weed under these laws and rules is wrong. It's banned, so unless that changes, it's wrong.

So, a slave running away from his masters when slavery was the law was wrong? The law is the law, right? STFU

So, a slave running away from his masters when slavery was the law was wrong? The law is the law, right? STFU
Really? You wanna play that card. So if you get into an altercation with someone which you started and since the person is kicking your ass you can pull out a gun and blow them away under the stand your ground law in FLA, does that make it okay.

You're a pathetic piece of trash to use slavery as an example just to make your point valid.

Answer me this, is marijuana a banned substance in the UFC? I'll answer it for you, yes it is. Deal with it. Grow a pair and be a man and deal with. Stop making up BS scenerios just to make yourself seem correct. I swear, you have the rational of a teenager, let's hope that you're actually one and not an adult for your children's sake.

Back