Fighters dental health

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
MMA is a traumatic sport.
I see a lot of the top fighters in the UFC have good teeth which seems surprising to me.
I got injured in a short sparring session. (because of a very bad mouthpiece but nonetheless)
That's none of the full-force fighting in the UFC.
Yet I don't think a lot of fighters had problems with teeth.
Do you know fighters who reportedly suffered from such things?
All I remember is Couture's loss to Machida.

IMG_20190202_110941.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They use Crest ProHealth toothpaste

Rockholds front teeth broke through the area under his lower lip when Yoel cracked him. I don't know how much dental damage was done but he had to be cleared by a dentist to fight again.

Who is this?
idk

"
MMA Today News’ John Hyon Ko has gone to social media to report that a mixed martial artist in China has suffered a horrifying injury from a recent match up. Along with the report, the journalist has offered a photo of the gruesome injury.

Over Twitter, John Hyon Ko reported “This happened in China on Sunday. And I think he won. #asianmma #teeth #china ?Faizan Zan”

In the Twitter post below, the fighter can be seen holding his mouthguard. While the fighter appeared to have used the gear piece during his recent match up, it did not seem to do the fighter much good. Holding his mouthpiece, nine of the fighter’s teeth can be seen sitting inside the mouthguard.

Check out the brutal photo of the incident in the post below:

img_20190202_110941-png.526835

Diego Sanchez with a knee strike took away one of the front teeth to Karo Parysian. If you watch it in slow motion you can clearly see the tooth flying out of karo's mouth.

Back