Fighters being used as pawns in negotiations

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1) Khabib

Khabib was sent "fake" contracts to fight Alvarez. It is believed that this happened so that Alvarez wouldn't be able to negotiate more money for him to fight McGregor.

2) Jose Aldo

Apparently Tony Ferguson wants more money to fight Khabib. Now that Max Hideaway refused to fight Jose Aldo in February due to Christmas and his son's birthday, it seems that Aldo is now being used as a tool in the Ferguson / Khabib negotiations. If the UFC can get Ferguson and Khabib to accept to the conditions they want, then I think Aldo vs Holloway will happen in another date. Otherwise we might see Aldo fight one of these guys for the interim LW title.

Aldo is going to be so pissed if this is the case.

"Hey Aldo. We got your rematch with Conor!" Books Alvarez...

"Hey Aldo. We got you a LW title shot!" Books him Holloway for may...

Unless a fighter is a ppv draw they are a pawn on the UFC's chess board.

It's called negotiation... Blame the fighters for not opening up with each other.... That's why they need a union...

I wouldn't want fighters trying to charge more than they are worth if I were the UFC either so all parties are guilty of being greedy.

It's just the reality of the game they're in, if you don't want to fight when the UFC want you to and for what price the UFC want to pay you they'll find someone else that will.

The UFC ain't bluffing either, ask Cyborg

The UFC needs to stop treating fighters like prawns. I guess Dana doesn't care because there's always plenty more fish in the sea

It doesn't help that fighters like Aldo and Hunt can rage against the promotion about how they will never fight again or release and just a few months later they heel to the ufc

Back