Fighters acting surprised when on scales and told they miss weight

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm sure Hendricks had no idea he was going to miss weight. {<huh}

What an idiot you are to think that Hendricks would be able to check his weight before stepping on the scale.

Big Rig knew when he took the fight the scale wouldn't say 171

Hendricks was covering his face before the weight was called out. He wasn't acting surprised, he was acting ashamed.

I'm sure some fighters are surprised, especially those who miss weight by a single lbs. It's not uncommon for scales to be a bit off, so I wouldn't be surprised if the scale they used to check their weight during the cut was a bit off.

Never been a Hendricks fan, but damn...I feel bad for him. I don't think he should be allowed to fight for his own sake. He looked terrible, even after re-hydrating. He's probably going to crumble early (like the WB fight). Maybe his family just needs the money...which is even more depressing.

I'm pretty sure he knew he had missed. He came out from behind the curtains looking like he knew he missed weight.

scale used in hotel room might have been off and they might have thought he was on point? IDK I've heard that excuse before tho

Your title reminded me of the time Charles Oliveira came in 5 pounds over and looked at the scale like it was broken.

The best was Mayhem taking off his shorts after missing weight by 24 pounds.

Back