Fighter of the Year?

Other fighters that deserve mention might be Chael Sonnen and Faber.

Chael could have two top ten wins at a higher division that he hasn't fought in for years.

Faber might have 4 top ten wins by year's end.

Gotta be Meisha Tate. She loses her UFC debut and still gets to fight for the title and gets reality show.

Ofc Weidman if he wins

Otherwise Cain or Pettis

Providing they win there next fights;

1) Weidmann
2) Hendricks
3) Pettis
4) Cain

Right now I'm leaning toward Pettis if he beats JT, but Hendricks knocking GSP out (which I don't expect) could change that.

By far the award would go to Weidman if he beats Silva again in the rematch .

It's between Pettis and Weidman and the fashion they win their next fight in. Pettis has the edge though with 3 fights.

weidman wins = weidman
pettis wins (weidman loses) = pettis
pettis showtime kick equivalent wow factor = pettis

thats how it goes down, only close contender is if cain knocks out jds (and weidman pettis lose)

If Cain beats JDS it's probably him even though I think the Bigfoot title defense was a complete gimme.

If Pettis and Hendricks win though, each of them would have a strong case. Weidman had the best win of the year but it was his only fight.

If Anthony Pettis defends his belt successfully, then I will go with him.

EDIT:

If Chris Weidman beats Anderson Silva for a second time this year, then I am definitely going with him.

No one can possibly go against picking Weidman if he manages to beat Silva twice. Otherwise Pettis, assuming he gets by Thomson.

Weidman doesn't fight Silva until late December. Fighter of the Year will already be given out by then. Weidman-Silva II has to count toward 2014, not 2013. That makes Weidman's odds much lower.

That's just crap if that's the case. If Weidman beats silva again no one will deserve it more than him!

I agree, but I think that's how this thing will play out.

I never realized fighter of the year was determined before the last UFC card of the year. It doesn't make sense as usually they are a big card. If Hendricks beats GSP I would go with him but I'm not sure that happens. I'll go with Pettis than, assuming he wins his next fight. I wonder if we'll ever get another Jones or shogun fighter of the year? They made an easy case for fighter of the year!

Cain, Pettis and Weidman are top 3 if they win their next matches.

Back