Fighter of the decade Prediction Thread

I've seen your posts guy, It's Ronda this or Ronda that with you. You have absolutely no respect for the fight game if you honestly think Ronda is a FOTD candidate, end of story.

And if you don't think she is a candidate you are a blind hater. The UFC created an entire new product around her, they created a new division. She is the biggest PPV draw, she is undefeated and destroys her opponents in devastating fashion. She has brought more mainstream attention to the UFC brand than anybody. She won an ESPY for fighter of the year over Floyd Mayweather who is top 5 all time.

Those are facts, not opinion. Saying Ronda's not even a candidate is beyond ridiculous and makes you lose credibility. You don't have to like her, you don't even have to like WMMA. But facts are facts.

85915-Wendell-Pierce-gif-lWN2.gif

These lonely nerds looking for a real life female Marvel superhero need to go back to whatever cartoon they were watching before WMMA was brought to the UFC.

sm_anusol.jpg

GSP fought 6 times this decade, with one of those fights being a controversial decision where the majority of people thought he lost, including me.

Going 6-0 or 5-1 in a decade doesn't justify FOTD. He may have been the best fighter from 2004 to 2014 though, just not for solid decades like the 10's or 20's.

But if he doesn't come back, he will have last fought in 2013, still 7 years in that decade. Its still early but likely Jon Jones. The Chris could surpass if he fights more often and goes on a crazy run.

GSP retired 4 years into the decade with only 6 fights, all ending in 5 round decisions. The last of which was a controversial split

Yeah I made a mistake and didn't read the OP.

The last decade of the UFC just popped into my head. (2004-2013)

Jon Jones is 12-0 since 2010, all fights in the UFC. I'm gonna go with him.

And what if he doesn't come back. There's 5 years left
Kinda hard to make predictions based on things that haven't happened.
Ronda and Aldo could end up getting murked all their next fights. Who's to say.

there are a few candidates but if he gets his shit together it must be Jones.

he is very gifted. and i am sure he can come back and lay claim once more on his division.

Jones or Aldo
If Ronda beats Cyborg, she might be the one

5 more years is a long time. Really the list of people who would be in the running is pretty short.

Jones (8 defenses, this is assuming he makes it back and continues on his run)
Aldo (only champion of his division, 7 defenses, assuming he holds onto the belt longer)
Demetrious Johnson (7 title defenses so far and a lot more time to go)
Rousey (6 title defenses, dominant and huge crossover star)

There's really nobody else right now that should even be in the discussion. Weidman could get there but he's only had 4 defenses and hasn't cleaned out the division yet. And a lot can change in the next 5 years.

Back